Project Manager (On-site)
- Expired: November 28, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sigma Engineers and Constructors is a professional engineering company that provides a complete range of engineering design, and construction services for the petrochemical, refining, polymer and utility industries.
SEC is headquartered in Baton Rouge, LA and has provided engineering and design services for the petrochemical and refining industrey for over 24 years.
If you would like to see more of what Sigma is about our website can be found at www.sigmaec.com.
Sigma is currently looking for a Project Manager on-site.
The role of this position is to develop and manage capital projects. This work includes, but may not be limited to: facilitating scope development of capital projects, compiling estimates baed on developed scope, facilitating detailed engineering, following Management of Change protocol, preparation of request for bid packages, evaluation proposals, requisittioning materials, writing and planning work orders as necessart, execution of project scope utilizing in-house labor or outside contruction contractors, and tracking overall project costs and schedule. Feedback on project status is to be provided as requrested.
- Define project scope, prepare accurate cost estimates and execution of schedules and prepare documentation.
- Budget, design or coordinate design, and manage installation of economically designed, safe and effective modifications and upgrades to facility within the allowable schedule. The project engineer should contract outside sources as necessary.
- Incorporate environmential, health and safety programs into project design scopes and continually evaluate ways to make site run safer.
- Prepare bid packages for procurement of outside equipment and services, evaluate bids receivied and make award recommendations.
- Review construction documentation prepared by outside engineering firms and vendors for complaince with project specs, constructability and operability.
- Effectively communicate project status and progress vs schedule and budget targets to management.
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Engineering for accredited university. Mechanical or chemcial degree is preferred but open to Civil or Electrical with combination of experience.
- Five or more years of engineering related experience in the oil, gas, or chemical manufactuing industry preferred.
- Three or more years of experience iwth capital project development and/or execution required.
- Three years of in-plan expereince preferred, whether permanent or periodic temporary assignment.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) required. Must be able to effecitvely communicate and interact with personnel.
- Prolific with Microsoft Office software. Familar with Primavera, ICARUS, and or equivalent scheduling and estimating software.
- Must be able to aquire Transportation Worker Identification Creditials (TWIC).
- Ability and willingness to climb stairs, ladders, or otherwise work in an outdoor plant environment as needed to monitor project construction projgress on a frequent basis.
- The ability to prove drug and alcohol free at random or cause.
Sigma Engineers and Constructors
AddressBaton Rouge, LA
Get fresh Construction Project Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.