Technical Outside Sales Representative
Sigma Component Design Ltd. Montréal, QC
- Posted: over a month ago
* Competitive compensation (base + commission), generous benefits, car and cell allowance
* Regular travel between Montreal and Quebec City required, and ability to work remotely when not on the road
As a seasoned sales professional, you know how just the right combination of technical knowledge, creativity, and tenacity can lead to great success.
And when you’re backed up by an industry leader, with a wide range of the best products on the market? That’s when the best salespeople push the limits of what’s possible.
We’re Sigma Component Design (http://www.sigmacomponent.com/) , and over the last 19 years, we’ve established ourselves as a leader in the Canadian electronics industry. We provide sales services and technical support for the exclusive group of Companies we represent – connecting our Principals with OEMs across Canada. By working with the biggest names in the industry, we’ve gained a worldwide reputation for quality and consistency.
Now we’re looking for a passionate and experienced technical sales rep – someone who loves the freedom of being out on the road, who relishes in making connections with customers, and who’s in search of an opportunity to sell a world-class line of products.
That’s where you come in.
What You’ll Be Doing:
As our new Technical Outside Sales Rep, you’ll spend most of your time on the road (from Montreal to Quebec City), visiting customers to promote our manufacturers’ products and drive demand for the suppliers we represent.
You’ll sell to a diverse customer base (automotive, industrial, HVAC, military/aerospace, transportation), and work closely with engineers, engineering management teams, and purchasing teams to investigate their design needs and determine competitive and innovative solutions using our suppliers’ products.
Practically speaking, you will:
* Gain a detailed knowledge of our product lines and sales strategy, and familiarity with our distributors/business partners
* Seek out and follow up on leads (working with our established customer base, new customers that you identify, and from your own book of business/industry connections)
* Schedule and attend meetings with customers to investigate their needs
* Work with mechanical and electrical engineers on new designs, and communicate their needs to our manufacturers to provide solutions
* Manage opportunities through to the customers’ purchasing departments, and provide after-sales support to customers as needed
* Develop and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with clients, suppliers, and channel partners
* Review, analyze, and proactively communicate sales data/reporting to management
* Occasionally travel to manufacturers for training and to trade shows
Investment is key in this role. You’re independent, self-motivated, and self-directed. You love the challenge of closing deals, especially when your efforts make all the difference. You put in the work, know how to get results, and are eager to deliver growth with new sales, clients, and territories.
Working at Sigma
This is a full-time role working Monday to Friday. When you’re not meeting with clients, you’ll work from your home office, which means you’ll have plenty of flexibility. You can expect to spend 4-5 days per week travelling to meet with clients.
Your total compensation will include a competitive base salary, commission structure, full benefits, RSP matching, and a car and cell phone allowance. All travel expenses will be reimbursed.
While we’ve had our share of success, we still operate like a family business. We are invested in our people, and will make sure you have everything you need to succeed. We’ll encourage and support you to bring new business to the table, and will reward you when you do. You’ll enjoy autonomy in your role – here, you won’t be micromanaged: you’ll have the freedom to succeed in your position as you think best.
We’re looking for someone to start immediately. So if you’re ready to join an industry leader that will give you a market that is primed and ready, we’re waiting to hear from you.
* Bilingual English/French
* 5+ years’ experience in a similar B2B technical sales role, preferably in electronics, manufacturing, or similar
* Proven track record of success with delivering client solutions and meeting sales goals
* Experience selling products in the following categories is preferred: discrete semiconductors, passives, switches, relays, encoders, sensors, connectors, thermal management solutions, power semiconductors, power management solutions, power supplies and other related components
* Valid driver’s license, and access to a reliable vehicle with insurance
* Valid passport and ability to travel internationally
* Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or certified electronics technician is a plus, but not required
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.
Sigma Component Design Ltd.
BusinessView all jobs at Sigma Component Design Ltd.