Sightline Hospitality is looking for a Assistant Guest Experience//VIP Manager to help oversee the Front Office Operations at the Queen Kapi'olani Hotel located in Oahu, Hawaii.
The Queen Kapi'olani Hotel is surrounded by a legacy of inspiration. From the Queen herself to a Golden Age of history, imagination, taste and fun living for all those who have experienced Waikiki at her finest throughout the years.
Sightline Hospitality has unique and thoughtfully designed collection of boutique hotels, spas, and restaurants offer remarkable experiences across the United States. Through warm, welcoming and genuine service, our staff creates memorable lodging, dining and wellness for our guests. We pride ourselves on a collaborative workplace whose foundation is our staff, our guests and our communities. The success of our business begins and ends with you!
The Assistant Guest Experience/VIP Manager is responsible for all duties of the Front Desk and Bell Service operations which includes: staff training, inter-departmental communications, staff scheduling and guest services while ensuring adherence to the collective bargaining agreement and memorandum of agreements. The Assistant Guest Experience/VIP Manager should possess strong communication skills and demonstrate highly effective leadership abilities. In addition to assisting the Front Office operation and guest services personnel, this position will respond quickly to guest requests and/or concerns, either in-person via other forms of correspondence, in a friendly manner and ensure the appropriate action is taken to guarantee guest satisfaction. Maintaining good communication, quick and efficient follow up and positive customer relations is also a major focus of this position.
This position will be required to work evenings and weekends and must have schedule flexibility for holidays and emergencies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Assist the Front Office operation and guest services personnel, this position will respond quickly to guest requests and/or complaints, both in-person and electronic, in a friendly manner and ensure the appropriate action is taken to guarantee guest satisfaction.
- Manage and coach Front Office employees to reflect Sightline Hospitality Standards and Procedures, participate in recruitment, training and development initiatives, manage disciplinary issues and administer performance evaluations.
- Conduct lobby ambassador duties, meet and greet guests and provide a professional and welcoming ambience throughout the Hotel
- Respond to VIP and all guest inquiries, requests and issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner and resolve guest concerns.
- Respond to social media inquiries and reviews.
- Ensure current knowledge of hotel products, services, facilities, events, pricing and policies and knowledge of the local area and events and provide additional concierge assistance.
- Consistently review best guest and arrival reports through the day to be aware of all Corp and VIP member arrivals and prepare a day in advance.
- Verify Corp and VIP’s and with a member of Housekeeping Management team to ensure room is marked as VIP daily.
- Responsible for initiating and follow through of amenities and welcome letters.
- Personally process all VIP check-in’s, providing a personalized welcome and any required amenities at check-in
- Make welcome calls to all VIP’s and other guest as to ensure extreme satisfaction during their stay including with the arrival process, room assignment and room cleanliness, taking corrective action as needed including log and follow up prior to check out.
- Ensure current knowledge of hotel products, services, facilities, events, pricing and policies and knowledge of the local area and events and provide additional concierge assistance
- Participate in all front office shift meetings to ensure staff is aware of VIP arrival processes and VIP arrivals for the day
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed by the Director of Operations or any other member of the Executive Committee Team
- Review and respond as needed to TripAdvisor reviews and focus on guest improvement areas – help implement initiatives leading to improvement in guest service and guest experiences.
- Assist in creating, Promoting and Programming all guest related activities and special events.
- Identifying opportunities to WOW guests and taking ownership of executing extraordinary guest experiences.
- Responsible for being the ultimate Ambassador of the "Service Culture". Striving to exceed every guests' expectation.
- Maintains pre-shift information to ensure that Front Office and other department personnel are updated regularly o new policies or special information for events and programs, etc.
- Basic understanding of hotel service functions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office computer applications.
- Knowledge of Internet software.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socio- economic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Knowledge on Union Collective Bargaining Agreement a plus.
- Minimum 2-years experience as a Supervisor in a hotel or related position(s).
- Successful candidate must be relentless in the pursuit of providing the ultimate guest experience for every guest, every day!
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Excellent telephone, communication, presentation, and public relations skills.
- Well organized and attentive to detail.
- Willing to cooperate with and assist others.
- Above average ability to operate related computer applications and other business equipment including 10-key and telephone.
- Strong typing abilities.
- Ability to multi-task a variety of functions concurrently.
- Strong analytical skills so to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Must be able to demonstrate established competency levels for all required regulatory or compliance-related processes and/or procedures within established timeframes of appointment.
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line
- Flexible hours, available to work any scheduled shift including holidays and weekends
- Competitive Bonus Plan
- Medical, vision, dental, and life insurance options
- Time off benefits
- Employee discount for stays at hotels within Sightline Hospitality's expanding portfolio
Queen Kapiolani Hotel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applicants and employees of all backgrounds. M/F/D/V/SO