Kauai Beach Resort and Spa is seeking a Assistant Human Resources Manager to join our hardworking team! Our ideal candidate for this position is thorough, flexible, and dedicated to exceptional guest service.
Come join our property, which is a delightfully uncommon project with extraordinary people!
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and /or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related (essential).
- 2 years of experience as an HR Assistant (essential).
- Exposure to Labor Law and employment equity regulations.
- Effective HR administration and people management skills.
- Experience in payroll and accounting practices.
- Full understanding of HR & Hotel operation functions with best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools.
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately follow instructions.
- Ability to maintain confidential information is critical
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, percentages and variances are utilized frequently.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
Essential Physical Abilities:
- Standing and moving about the facilities
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Handling objects
Essential Job Functions:
- Support all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests.
- Maintain digital and electronic records of employees.
- Serve as point of contact with benefit vendors and administrators.
- Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, performing reference checks and issuing employment contracts.
- Maintain calendars of HR management team.
- Oversee the completion of compensation and benefit documentation.
- Assist with performance management procedures.
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events and maintain agendas.
- Coordinate training sessions and seminars.
- Perform orientations and update records of new staff.
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
- Process payroll and resolve any payroll errors.
- Complete termination paperwork and exit interviews.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practice.
- Identify and assist in planning for the purchasing of supplies, equipment, facilities and services necessary to maintain an efficient office.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Hotel Management/Staff, Corporate Human Resources, and Corporate Legal and HR Shared Services/Hire to Retire.
- Assist with the recruitment process which may include screening, routing, tracking, and filing of resumes and applications, scheduling interviews, processing background, employment verification and reference checks, writing and mailing correspondences to candidates, solicited resumes and/or applicants, maintain internal and external job posting sites, place advertisements, and enter applications, resumes, and hire information into system(s).
- Organize and expedite flow of work; follow-up on pending matters; communicate and interpret instructions; and communicate information to staff or clients in manager’s absence. Maintain manager's appointment calendar and complete and submit expense reports; coordinate telephone/conference calls and incoming mail; set up and maintain filing systems, etc. Maintain an organized, clean, and professional work area.
- Complete and/or coordinate activities related to assigned projects; assist in establishing project timetables, action steps and status updates; follow-up, as appropriate, to ensure timely execution to meet established deadlines.
- May maintain and update employee records and files (including personnel forms and files, Leave of Absence forms and files, Worker’s Compensation files, updating the OSHA 300 logs, etc.
- Act as primary point of contact for employees for routine inquiries regarding employment, policies, procedures, and payroll and/or benefits issues. Follow-up as needed to ensure resolution. Escalate serious matters to supervisor as needed.
- Coordinate the preparation of employee orientation, training sessions, and employee morale programs or events. May participate in presenting new employee orientation materials. Meet with new employees to review new hire paperwork for accuracy and completeness.
- Assist in the communication and administration of employee benefit programs; distribute information and forms to employees.
- Prepare a variety of correspondence, reports, and/or presentations which may include:
- Gathering and summarizing information from various sources
- Analysis and summary of data
- Creating spreadsheets, charts, and/or graphics
- Entering, retrieving and/or manipulating data within software programs or databases
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Full-Time Benefits include:
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Personal Time and Holiday Time
401K Retirement savings
Employee discount for stays at Sightline Hospitality’s expanding portfolio
Thanks for checking us out! Interested? Please apply here or contact our team with your resume and cover letter.
Kauai Beach Resort and Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applicants and employees of all backgrounds. M/F/D/V/SO