The Marketing/Communications intern will help promote Sight & Sound Productions and Mugwump Productions to the surrounding region while gaining real-world experience in marketing, advertising, video production, and public relations within the event production industry. This will be accomplished through activities directly tied to marketing the company as well as those that will help the student understand the business and maximize effectiveness.
15-18 hours per week. Typically 3 days per week but schedule is negotiable. Some weekend hours will be required.
Internship position is not monetarily compensated, but any required or necessary paperwork will be completed to provide college credits. Intern will also receive a letter of recommendation upon successful completion of program.
PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY & SUBMISSION
- Students interested in the field of marketing/communications
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above
- Beneficial, but not necessary: some photography and graphic design background (i.e. Photoshop)
- Complete application
- Submission of requirements for internship completion/credit
- Interview with Director of Marketing
- Report to work on time.
- Gather search engine optimization and social media research.
- Help develop marketing plan for term.
- Design and complete blog articles and industry-related articles.
- Assist with development of social network sites and website maintenance.
- Event photography and photo editing for social media purposes.
- Assist with shows in various capacities – setup, sponsorship packages, preparation, etc. to better understand business activities and client needs.
- Assist with and perform any other duties as needed or assigned by the director of marketing.
Sight & Sound Productions provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Mugwump Productions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training