About Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center
As the largest hospital in San Luis Obispo County, Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center strives to produce optimal outcomes and exceptional patient experiences to the community it serves. With 164 beds and hundreds of physicians, Sierra Vista puts advanced technology into the hands of experienced medical specialists to deliver quality healthcare to Central Coast residents and visitors. Its distinct, high-level services include neurosurgery, orthopedics, obstetrics, perinatology (high-risk pregnancy), neonatology (high-risk newborn care), pediatrics and trauma. Sierra Vista houses the largest Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit between Santa Barbara and Salinas, the only dedicated pediatric unit in San Luis Obispo County and serves as the county s designated trauma center. Sierra Vista is recognized as a leader in orthopedics, cancer care and is a Joint Commission accredited primary stroke center. Sierra Vista is fully accredited by The Joint Commission and has been serving the community since 1959.
Administer respiratory care to patients in an acute care setting in accordance with department policy and procedure. Provides care to all patients in the following areas (but not limited to) Critical Care areas, sub- acute areas, Peds, NICU, L/D, the outpatient departments, and the Emergency Department.
- Graduate of an approved Respiratory Therapy Program.
- Able to perform arterial puncture and arterial blood gas analyses.
- Skilled in ventilator management, NPPV, CPAP, IPPV, IPV, CPR, aerosol administration, Incentive Spirometry, oxygen administration, airway management ( includes mechanical suctioning devices ), Chest Physiotherapy, Sputum Induction, Acquiring patient EKG's, and simple spirometries.
- Orientation to care of the pediatric patient and annual competencies addressing the care of infants, children, adolescents, and adults.
- At least 2 years neonatal Intubation and transport experience required.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicants or employees race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.