BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
Responsible for coordinating, delegating and managing the daily functions of the Engineering Department.
- Reports to VP/GM
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Selecting, organizing and managing Engineering personnel.
- Focused on coaching and mentoring the Design Engineering Teams.
- Oversees the engineering program team and manages the execution of the engineering program scope.
- Establishes current and long-range objectives, plans, and department policies and procedures, subject to approval by senior management.
- Creates technical budgets, allocates resources, coordinates schedule and project deadlines.
- Communicates regularly with senior management, program management and customers.
- Must possess good Judgment skills and able to make decisions under pressure while using critical-thinking skills to reach objective conclusions.
- Deliver world class engineering solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
- Supports Business Development in pursuit of new business opportunities.
- Must have excellent Technical writing skills.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience: 10 plus years of related experience in aircraft prototyping
- Strong background/experience in aircraft/aerospace engineering design and manufacturing.
- Experience leading teams in the design and build of composite aircraft
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Technical writing and cost estimating
- Excellent people skills for interacting with customers and co-workers