ierra Supply Chain, formally Eastern Meat Solutions
We are currently seeking to hire a Protein /Meat Trader - Meat Products (Beef, Poultry, Pork) for our Sierra Markets Division - working remotely in the USA.
Who We Are:
Sierra Supply Chain Services provides protein (poultry, beef, pork) solutions to the food processing and distribution sector. We simplify supply chain services and provide expanding value to the protein sector across our three locations in Brampton, Hamilton, and Mississauga.
Sierra Supply Chain Services is currently seeking a Protein Commodity Trader (Account Manager) to join our Remote team in the United States! This opportunity is 100% remote. With a lucrative pay structure (base salary and bonus plans) this would be an excellent opportunity for someone with experience buying/trading proteins (pork, beef, and/or chicken) to food processors, retailers or other venues across the US.
The Protein Commodity Trader (Account Manager) is responsible for securing revenue and profit as well as meeting or exceeding targets consistently fostering relationships that drive sales as well as create supply chain solutions for our customers. Additionally, the account manager is responsible for growing and maintaining existing business as well as generating new business opportunities.
Accountabilities and Detailed Activity:
Managing Sales Pipeline
•Generate and qualify new leads, and develop those leads through assessing needs, differentiating Sierra from the competition, negotiating, closing, and maintaining / building relationships through a disciplined application of the sales process.
•Prepare for, plan, and make "cold calls" to lead contacts to gain information about the business.
•Prepare for, plan, and make "warm calls" to lead decision makers (buyers and sellers) using the Sales Process methodology to learn about the decision makers "pains"/needs and provide them with the solutions.
•Identify new sources of leads and research those leads using third party sources to gain an understanding of their business before contacting the lead directly.
•Work with the team to develop a unique angle or value proposition for each opportunity in the Sales Pipeline.
•Work with your manager to identify specific deals that Sierra can participate in and gain the opportunity to bid on those deals.
•Negotiate with decision makers to close deals that will maximize profitability.
•Update the CRM daily (at a minimum) so that it tracks all information related to new and existing opportunities and all activities related to each opportunity.
•Balance activities between new and existing clients, and buy and sell activities, so that activity and financial goals are met.
•Develop an annual "Business Plan" that is both realistic and in line with company goals. Assume accountability for meeting the goals set in the Business Plan over the course of the year.
•Review and approve confirmations and invoicing prior to submission to clients.
•Act in accordance with Sierra’s documented Sales Process, including client communications and reporting.
•Follow company procedures in all correspondence and every step of the sale process.
•Prepare for, attend, and actively participate in weekly/daily sales meetings, discussing activities and progress.
Growing Customer Relations
• Maintain regular contact with existing clients, continually working to understand new or existing "pains"/needs and developing strategies to address those pains. Become the client's preferred customer or supplier (as appropriate).
• Exceed customer expectations for all interactions.
• Provide support, required documents and information for customer inquiries.
• Coordinate with administrative staff to receive Accounts Receivable list associated with one's clients and follow up with the clients on accounts that are overdue and take necessary steps to ensure that receivables are collected in a timely manner.
• Deal with any issues raised by clients regarding deals and determine a plan for resolution. Follow to ensure the matter is resolved.
• Acquiring new strategic business partners.
• Maintaining and growing existing strategic customers.
• Work with your manager to identify specific deals that Sierra can participate in and gain the opportunity to bid on those deals.
• Negotiate with decision makers to close deals that will maximize profitability.
• Balance activities between new and existing clients, and buy and sell activities, so that activity and financial goals are met or exceeded.
Logistics & Inventory Coordination
• Liaise with the sales support team and Logistics department to ensure timely delivery and pick-up of product from customers and suppliers.
• Update delivery schedules and advise CRM as necessary.
• Manage inventory to ensure old inventory is sold quickly and appropriate levels are maintained
• Analyze inventory reports and historical inventory movements.
• Continually monitor inventory and look for opportunities to sell old inventory profitably. Assume joint responsibility, with the rest of the team, for maintaining a reasonable level of inventory.
• On the close of any deal, provide appropriate documentation to Administrative staff, Logistics staff.
Bringing New Business
• Assist in the acquisition of new business ventures.
• Seek out new areas or businesses that could benefit from a partnership with Sierra.
- 3+ Years Experience as a Commodity Trader in Beef, Pork and/or Poultry
- Fluent in English.
- Fluency in Spanish is an asset.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.).
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze and prioritize to meet business objectives.
- A demonstrated capacity and interest in learning and developing.
- Excellent time management skills and results oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills, logical and efficient, with attention to detail
- Ability to work confidently in a dynamic environment.
- A proven ability to adapt, multi-task, work independently and meet deadlines.
Perks of the Job? We Have Plenty!
In addition to our collaborative, team oriented environment fostering growth, we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Lucrative Bonus/Commission Plan
- Fully Remote
- Growth and Learning Opportunities
- Comprehensive Benefits
And Many More!
Affirmative Action Statement:
As part of Sierra Supply Chain Services commitment to equal employment opportunities, all forms of diversity are celebrated! Sierra encourages all women, people of colour, sexual and gender minorities and other minoritized identities to apply to our company! We would like to thank all those who apply in advance as only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Powered by JazzHR
Sierra Supply Chain ServicesIowa County, IA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.