Director of Pharmacy:
Full Service Hospital located within close proximity to the Springfield/Eugene Oregon area. As the Director of Pharmacy, you will manage the entire inpatient and outpatient pharmacy program. The Pharmacy Manager acts as a drug information resource to patients, medical staff, nursing staff and ancillary department staff. Compounds and dispenses prescribed medications and other pharmaceuticals for patient care by performing the related duties.
- Reviews prescriptions issued by physicians or other authorized prescribers to assure accuracy and determines formulas and ingredients needed.
- Monitors all posting onto the patient profiles in order that accuracy, drug allergies, drug interactions, duplicate therapy, rational drug therapy and incompatibilities may be realized and better patient care received.
- Prepare IV admixtures and extemporaneous parenteral products under aseptic conditions.
- Assists in teaching programs (departmental, medical, nursing, community).
- Endorses policies and procedures of the department and of the hospital.
- Demonstrates ability to write articles for publication and ability to effectively present information to management, medical staff, hospital staff and public groups.