Sierra Staffing Group is seeking a Purchasing Assistant for a Temp to Hire opportunity in North Reno. Purchasing Assistant responsibilities include researching new vendors, tracking deliveries and updating order records (e.g. dates, invoices and discounts).
Apply now for immediate consideration!
- Conduct parts/products search and evaluation utilizing online or telephone resources in order to make best value decisions and order materials as required.
- Verify specifications of purchase requests, prepare purchase orders, place orders to vendors, and complete corresponding documentation.
- Receive ordered products; inspect for compliance and conformity; return damaged material to vendor.
- Prepare and maintain purchasing and payment records and provide accurate information to management as required.
- Develop parts “kits (i.e. “kitting) of materials from inventory and issue to multiple locations around the U.S.
- Prepare parts/products for shipment in accordance with prescribed packaging and shipping protocols.
- Maintain inventory management system.
- Regularly attend materials planning meetings and vendor meetings.
- Collaborate with team members and managers to plan materials purchasing, streamline processes, and control costs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Work Experience
- High school degree or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree Logistics, Business Administration or related discipline preferred.
- Three years’ experience in a purchasing assistant or similar role.
- Equivalent combination of training, education, and experience in a relevant field or industry will be considered.
- Valid State Driver License.