HR Payroll and Benefits Personnel
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sierra Health and Wellness Centers is seeking an HR Generalist/Payroll & Benefits Administrator is responsible for payroll and benefits administration, and general HR functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Demonstrates the ability to be the payroll expert.
- Makes recommendations for payroll related policies.
- Provides training as needed (i.e. Managers, staff) to ensure compliance and full utilization of tools.
- Responsible for timely, accurately, and compliantly processing payroll.
- Audit and process payroll documents.
- Process employee data for new hires, changes, additional earnings, etc.
- Processes employee Time & Attendance data to payroll and reconcile variances.
- Approve and make updates in the time keeping system.
- Prepares and maintain employee files, assuring accuracy, compliance and confidentiality.
- Maintains vacation and sick time records.
- Develops in depth understanding of payroll software and HRIS.
- Create reports on demand.
- Responsible for month-end duties including approving HR related invoices and ensuring timely payment, submitting payroll accrual (with management approval) and general ledger reconciliation.
- Maintains vendor contact for payroll and recruiting and other HR related activities.
- As the Employee Benefits expert, administers all employee & volunteer benefit programs such as medical, dental, vision, disability, retirement programs (Defined Contribution 401(k) & Defined Benefit Plans).
- Works with brokers to conduct annual benefits review.
- Develops cost control procedures to assure maximum coverage at the least possible cost to company and employee.
- Responsible for employee benefit file maintenance and storage retention requirements.
- Process tuition reimbursements.
- Process retirement notifications, workers compensation and life insurance claims.
- Responsible for providing in-depth benefit and payroll presentation for all new hires during the onboarding process.
- Distributes benefit enrollment materials and determines eligibility.
- Assists employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes.
- Responds to benefits inquiries on plan provisions, benefits enrollments and status changes.
- Works with HR for escalated support needs, including but not limited to plan design, claims administration and appeals, COBRA, retirement administration, and HRIS data integrity.
- Employee Education: Prepare and setup meetings designed to help employees obtain information and understand company benefits. Conducts special Employee Retirement Education Sessions.
- Responsible for development and execution of Employee Wellness Program by establishing initiatives and programs that help employees attain optimal health.
- Organizes wellness events and provides resources for employees.
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA.
- Makes recommendations to employee leave policies.
- Properly record, track and administer the steps needed to comply with COBRA law and appropriately deliver continuation of employee benefits.
- Completes annual reporting for employee benefits: ACA, 1099, 401K, Pension, Workers Comp, Unemployment, etc.
- Participates in the new employee onboarding experience.
- Respond to employment verifications and surveys as needed. Payroll & Benefits Administrator
- Ensure all required reporting, forms, and posters are up to date and maintained accurately.
- Participates in developing Human Resource department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Provides backup of duties for HR Team.
Advantages of this Opportunity:
- Competitive Pay
- 401(k) Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Time
- Holiday Pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Supplemental Benefits
- Teamwork Culture
- Career Building Programs
- Promotional Opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of human resource laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of payroll administration.
- Knowledge of benefits programs including health insurance, long-term disability programs, workers compensation insurance, unemployment regulations, life insurance, 401k & Defined Benefit plans, COBRA, etc.
- Understanding of human resource policies and programs. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially excel, or related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications.
Required education and experience:
- Possess High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Two years of working in the HR field, Payroll and Benefits.
- Familiar with HIPPA/client confidentiality and personal rights.
Preferred education and experience:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field.
Sierra Health and Wellness Center is an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate against applicants, employees or clients on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other category protected by the law, or patients' decisions regarding advance directives.
Important to note all employees:
Intervene when clients indicate an intention to discharge AMA. All staff are required to improve client retention when needed in a measurable way if the situation arrives at any given time.
Find out more about us:
Powered by JazzHR
Sierra Health and Wellness Centers
AddressRancho Cordova, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Sierra Health and Wellness Centers