POSITION SUMMARY: The Screening Operator is responsible for processing printed circuit boards (PCB) panels thru soldermask prepping and processing, legend, other screening processes (shooting stencil, pushing squeegee, restringing chase, etc.) according to the travelers or as directed by Managers while following department standard operating procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Check travelers for due date, material type, and special request for priority before starting the screening process.
- Promptly complete screening tasks and document in a timely manner.
- Set-up, operate, and tear down DP1500 automatic coating machine (soldermask) to process PCB panels.
- Manually screen legend, soldermask, peel able soldermask and carbon ink on the Palomar screening table.
- Assist department in achieving zero scrap per month.
- Perform weekly preventative maintenance on machines and perform house keeping duties to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Inform Managers of any potential problems.
- Ability to stand/walk 8 + hours per day.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- High School Diploma preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in screening for PCB Manufacturing Company.
- Previous experience with Printar and Soldermask machine (DP 1500) a plus.
- Ability to read and understand technical work instructions and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to follow procedures/instructions and maintain quality of products at all time.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good computer skills and the ability to learn new skills and tasks as required, especially PCB software (ProCim).
- Must be detailed oriented, self-motivated, and able to multi-task.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds and stand/walk throughout the day.
- Ability to perform at the highest level in a fast-paced environment.