Sierra Canyon School
Job Title: Manager of Auxiliary Programs (Extended Day Care/Transportation/Camp Admissions)
Location: Playground, Office, Carpool
Reports To: Dean of Students, Associate Dean of Students, Executive Camp Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared By: Human Resources
Prepared Date: November 19, 2019
Sierra Canyon is both a premier private independent school and day camp program that is nationally recognized. We have built our reputation by providing an exceptional programs, first class customer service, and hiring the most dedicated and passionate professionals in the industry.
This position is a key role in both our school and camp. It requires someone with managerial experience, multiple skill sets, and the ability to comfortably multi- task. The position is broken down into three main managerial roles:
1. Extended Day Care- overseeing all aspects of yard-duty supervision and carpool dismissal procedures before, during, and after school.
2. Transportation- managing all aspects of bus transportation
3. Camp Admissions- managing and evaluating all aspects of camp enrollment
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned.
· The Camp Admissions Director leads, manages and evaluates the camp enrollment process – from inquiry through admissions to assimilation into the camp's culture.
· Along with process management, the position provides creative oversight, in keeping with the camp's mission, to draw, enroll and retain campers.
· This individual must possess a thorough understanding of the Sierra Canyon philosophy and be able to initiate and nurture relationships with potential camp families.
· This individual will also need to be proficient in the “Camp Brain” software, conduct tours, respond to phone calls & emails, and generate reports of camp numbers and revenue.
EXTENDED DAY CARE (EDC)
· Responsible for helping to foster positive social interactions among students and supports management of student behavior.
· Monitors staff activities and gives assistance in areas such as school philosophy, playground rules, and use of materials and equipment. .
· Responsible for hiring EDC and creating the work schedules.
· Conduct annual reviews of EDC staff.
· Record and approve attendance, hours and time sheets for EDC staff.
· Coordinate and manage carpool dismissal system.
· Management of all school and camp bus routes, including enrollment, scheduling and daily changes.
· Liaison between outsourced bus company and Sierra Canyon.
· Organize and manage all lower and middle school athletic transportation needs.
· Coordinate transportation needs for all field trips.
· Keep open lines of communication with parents and bus drivers regarding student bus schedules.
· Communicate with bus drivers, parents, teachers and deans regarding student behavior issues/needs as they pertain to the bus.
· Management of the "late bus" system, including but not limited to keeping daily late bus rosters for lower school students and dealing with any afterhours bus break downs or issues.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Supervision of students and EDC staff.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Previous experience working with children and college degree is required.
COMPUTER SKILLS Basic understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel. Camp Brain experience preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Effective communication skills are an essential asset when interacting with children and staff.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Basic math skills required for calculating staff time sheets
REASONING ABILITY Quick decision-making dealing with safe and fair play is extremely important.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS none.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Transportation and EDC Manager is required to be outdoors and can be subject to working in inclement weather including, rain, snow and windstorms. Responsibilities require walking and standing for extensive periods of time. Sitting required while in the EDC office.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The following are areas where the Manager will need to work: the bus line, lower field, orange grove, jungle gym, and the playground. These areas entail standing on a variety of surfaces ranging from grass, wood chips, blacktop and dirt. The Manager is provided an office, and the work station consists of a desk, computer, phone and cabinets. The Manager is required to carry a lightweight walkie-talkie, at all times, for communication purposes.
Sierra Canyon Day Camp
Why Work Here?Sierra Canyon is a private, independent, non-sectarian, co-educational, college preparatory, day and boarding school where cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic diversity are welcomed and celebrated. The highly cosmopolitan student community is reflective of the Greater Los Angeles area and is represented by 43% diversity and a 7% international population. Sierra Canyon's complete Pre-Kindergarten through grade 12 journey fully equips students to rethink the familiar and embrace the unknown.
Sierra Canyon is a private, independent, non-sectarian, co-educational, college preparatory, day and boarding school where cultural, ethnic,
Los Angeles, CA