Senior DBA Engineer- REMOTE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About this role:
Sierra7, Inc. is seeking a Senior Database Architecture & Administrator Expert to join a team development, support, and operation of enterprise acquisition and procurement systems for the VA Acquisition Workforce (AWF), ensuring the successful operation and availability of systems that support Enterprise-wide contracting and acquisition activities to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
- Conduct database administration activities that include SQL databases, relational databases, database architectures, database structures, SQL scripting, writing stored procedures, and ETL functions.
- Analyze databases and develop and implement performance improvements.
- Support an assessment of the ASB. Research, document and develop streamlining ASB routes that function similar to Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
- Create database tables and data relationships.
- O&M support for database servers, including software applications and patch management
- Update, improve, and optimize the current Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) functions to enhance functionality while addressing existing issues and defects
- Provide general database administration support.
- Performance tune SQL Queries
- Configure SQL Server setting for performances purposes.
- Debug, modify, and develop SQL Server Stored Procedures and Scripts.
- Utilize Data Definition Language to create/modify tables, views, schemas, and indexes.
- Debug and troubleshoot system functionalities.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Database Administration / Infrastructure Management
• Database Maintenance and Design
• Write code to create/update/maintain the database
• Debug, modify, and develop SQL Server Stored Procedures and Scripts
• Release Deployments
• DBMS software, including SQL Server
• SQL Developer skills (OLAP, indexing, backups)
• Transact-SQL (T-SQL)
• Performance Tuning
• Load Testing
• Windows 10 Server experience
• Microsoft Azure Environment (Configuration)
• Microsoft SQL Server 2019
• SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
• Bachelor’s Degree - Computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required.
• 8 years of relevant experience
• Microsoft Training Course Certifications a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Sierra7 will not provide sponsorship for employment-based immigration benefits for this position. To be considered for this position all candidates must be a US Citizen. This position is not a C2C opportunity.
Sierra7 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled
AddressFalls Church, VA
Get fresh Database Expert jobs daily straight to your inbox!