Business Office Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Generations Healthcare is in search of a Business Office Manager to join our team. Our skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities have an outstanding reputation in the healthcare industry with a high rating for quality patient care. We are committed to providing kind, competent and compassionate services to those entrusted to our care and an enjoyable work environment for our staff. If you are passionate about business management and making a difference in the lives of others, then this is the right place for you.
The primary purpose of the Business Office Manager is to maintain, and be responsible for day-to-day accounting functions of the facility in accordance with current acceptable accounting and cost reimbursement principles relating to the long-term care operation. The Business Office Manager reports to the facility Administrator and may be directed to assure that the highest degree of quality resident care can be maintained at all times.
Essential Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Implement written policies and procedures that govern the accounting functions of the facility.
- Balance daily census to Nurses’ census, post daily cash deposits, attend department head meetings, audit resident accounts and make adjustments when necessary.
- Assist in the completion of initial and re-authorization Treatment Authorization Requests as needed, including all pertinent documentation necessary for approval.
- Assist in the completion of documentation for Medi-Cal benefits for beneficiaries as necessary.
- Supervise Medi-Cal and Managed Medi-Cal billing, coinsurance billing, CIFs, appeals, TARs, authorizations, etc.
- Responsible for meeting Accounts Receivable aging goals on 120+ balances.
- Knowledgeable of each account’s status and take action on any items that have not been paid.
- Research and perform collection activity on accounts, i.e. claims submission, follow-up and correspondence.
- Enter and maintain account data on the accounting computer system.
- Disburse, receipt and maintain records of resident trust accounts.
- Perform month end closing procedures: post charges/ancillaries, have Triple Check, send Medicare claims, process month-end closing reports and close in 5 business days.
- Supervise Accounts Payable, Payroll and Receptionists.
- Maintain patient privacy and follow all HIPAA laws and facility policy.
- Attend and participate in facility Department Head meetings and functions as directed by the facility Administrator.
- Perform Business Office functions as necessary or directed, i.e. letters, phone calls, photocopying, management of other office personnel assigned.
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination will be required for all facility employees as of September 30, 2021 (requests for accommodation due to disability or religious belief will be reviewed).
- Ability to effectively communicate with other departments in the facility.
- Experience as a Skilled Nursing Facility Business Office Manager.
- Experience billing Medicare, HMO, Medi-Cal and Private payor sources for Skilled Nursing level of care.
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medi-Cal, Managed Medi-Cal and HMO billing requirements and procedures.
- Ability to manage and train business office staff.
- Ability to utilize mechanical equipment in the form of computers, copiers, telephones, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Accounting and cost reimbursement experience preferred.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Speak, read, write and understand the English language.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
We offer a competitive compensation package, rewarding healthcare benefits and excellent career growth opportunities.
Generations Healthcare was founded upon the belief that caring for the sick, the elderly, and the infirm is a special and sacred stewardship. It is our mission to have this belief reflected in everything we do: in the presentation of our homes, in the professionalism of our staff, and in the daily delivery of care to our residents and their families. It is our purpose that whoever enters a Generations home will be met with kindness, competence and compassion.
We invite you to make a difference in the lives of others and our residents, who represent a Lifetime of Memories, a Lifetime of Care, and a Lifetime of Love.
For a virtual 360 tour please visit www.lifegen.net.
Siena Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
BusinessView all jobs at Siena Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center