Business Unit: United States
Requisition Number: 246114
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
GRIR/AP (GoodsReceipt Invoice Receipt/Accounts Payable) Process Expert / Accountant
Siemens Leadership decided to carve out the Mobility Divisionin June 2018, and forming Siemens Mobility, Inc. (SMI)
SMI provides efficient and integrated transportation ofpeople and goods by rail and road – including rolling stock, rail automation,rail electrification, intelligent traffic systems and service. SMI designs andmanufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuterand regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives,passenger coaches and high-speed trainsets. Cities and railroads also rely onSMI to provide traction-power substations and electricity transmission, as wellas signaling and control technology for freight and passenger rail and transitsystems.
The companyconsists of six Business Units (Rolling Stock, Rail Automation, RailElectrification, Intelligent Traffic Systems, Traction Drives and CustomerService).
More informationabout the Mobility business can be found by following this link:
For this entity,SMI, we are looking for a GRIR/AP Process Expert /Accountant. This person is responsible for the correct clearingof GRIR issues, supporting various AP topics, communication with SMI buyers,vendors and SMI accounting staff (GL team, AP front and back office). She/heensures that transactions are recorded in conformance withInternational Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Siemens Financial ReportingGuidelines (SFRGS), other legal and statutory requirements and that adequateinternal controls are in place and followed.
This position willrequire extensive experience & technical knowledge of IFRS/SFRGs and theirapplication to complex business processes. The role will have directresponsibility for the GRIR processes for the SMI North American(NAM)based businesses and will involve collaboration within the variousBusiness Units, internal vendors, buyers, external vendors, the SMI PerformanceControlling Department as well as local accounting.
This is a greatopportunity to work directly with all Mobility Business units as well as acrossall accounting departments with exposure to other accounting and finance areas.
This position islocated in Alpharetta, GA or Buffalo Grove, IL and reports directly to the Headof Accounting of SMI NAM.
• Support SMI in AP and GRIR related topics.
• Review, analysis & oversight to the SMI GRIR processes and accountingimpacts.
• Validation of accuracy of AP and GRIR processes & controls
• Confirmation of all balances for related liabilities & accruals.
• Review & approval of related account reconciliations.
• Support SMI Business Units, the Head of Accounting and other Accountingdepartments in all matters supporting GRIR and AP related impacts to thefinancial statements.
• Reporting of financial statement fluctuations related to GRIR to BusinessUnit organization, Head of Accounting and other partners.
• Delivery of GRIR information for external or internal auditors and/ orBusiness Unit review purposes.
• Support process improvement initiatives and company reorganizationseffectively as needed within role.
• Support other accounting initiatives and ad hoc projects as needed.
• Develop and foster close relationships with SMI Procurement, SMI buyers,Strategic Procurement
• 4-6 years of experience in AP, Procurement and Logistics,GRIR and SAP FI
• 6-8 years in a Large Corporation accounting with strongunderstanding and use of IFRS
• Excellent communication, writing, reporting skills to effectivelycommunicate technical financial information.
• Accounting background and skills with excellent analytical &organizational skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other MS Office tools.
• Proven critical thinking skills & ability to complex accounting problems
• Proven leadership skills – able to drive & lead without direct influence
• Strong appreciation for the importance of ensuring accuracy in all levels offinancial reporting.
• Experience and familiarity with internal control framework.
• Working knowledge of general business practices.
• Ability and desire to plan, control, and contribute to solving complexproblems.
• Self-driven and resourceful to meet deadlines, achieve goals, workindependently as well as work well in teams or groups.
• Flexibility to multi-task and adjust to changing requirements, schedules andpriorities - ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• CPA a plus
• MBA a Plus
• no relocationnecessary
• Grade 09S30 or 08S30 based on qualification and experience