This position will have
the opportunity to be part of an exciting team responsible for the delivery of
innovative building technologies. As an IT/Network lead and Subject
Matter Expert, you will provide sales and operational support in the pursuit of
complex technical projects. The IT Development Professional will be expected
to provide leadership, overall technical direction, and guidance to the
customer based on Siemens standards and best practices. This position
will be responsible for assisting sales and operational teams through various
stages of the project life-cycle; from pursuit, execution, and beyond. As
a trusted adviser and reliable partner, a system integrator, service
provider and product vendor, we help to create efficient, safe, responsive and
responsible environments - we are creating perfect places.
This position is basedin the Northeast Zone.
This is an IT / Network
Engineering centric role which will require working in various team
environments. This role is customer focused and requires efficient
communication skills, including the ability to distill complex technical issues
and effectively communicate outcomes to nontechnical
This position will be
responsible for the following:
- Provide technical delivery forcomplex network and/or integration projects
- Maintain technical expertise onIT related solutions, tools, and products through continuing educationinitiatives
- Assist in the development anddelivery of formal cost and technical proposals
- The creation of schematicdesigns, bill of materials, and scopes of work as related to IT / Networkarchitecture and as required to fully elucidate and summarize complexintegration projects
- Project documents review (RFP,RFI, etc.) and strategy formulation to address IT requirements
- Project cost development inclose collaboration with sales and operations teams including budgets andvalue engineering exercises
- Field application engineeringincluding site surveys, customer needs assessments, troubleshooting,software updates, etc.
- Collaboration with multiplemanufactures and 3 rd party service providers as needed tofulfill project requirements
- Zone based resource reportingto National IT Field Operations Manager
- High school diploma,state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiencyexam. BS/BA in Information Systems/Technology, Network Engineeringor a related discipline highly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience inIT/Networking
- 5+ years of experience inconverged building infrastructure solutions
- Current advanced networkingcertifications - (CompTIA Network+ or CCNA Minimum)
- Ability to analyze,troubleshoot, and remediate issues pertaining to advanced IT networks andsolutions
- Proficient in the use ofMicrosoft Visio
- Significant experience workingand collaborating in a team environment - leveraging remote collaborationplatforms
- Strong understanding ofIT/Networking and Low Voltage markets including a thorough understandingof construction procurement and management processes
- Strong interpersonal andcommunication skills
for this role
- Qualified Applicants must belegally authorized for employment in the United States. QualifiedApplicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now orin the future for employment in the United States.
- COMPTIA CySA+ (CybersecurityAnalyst) Certification is highly desired
- IT/ELV manufacturercertifications are highly desired
infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges
of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and
industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio
from a single source - with products, systems, solutions and services from the
point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly
digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while
contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland,
and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Job ID: 182744
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .