We are searching for an experienced Systems Specialist II (Building Automation Controls Technician) who will report
directly to the Operations Supervisor and will play a key role in the design, installation, and implementation of all technical
aspects of Building Automation Systems. These will be newly installed Building Automation systems in retrofit or newly constructed
buildings. This role will focus on vertical markets of K-12, Higher Education, Health Care, Hospitality, Office, Government
Facilities, Pharmaceutical and manufacturing.
- Works with project management and engineering team to review jobs specifications and design needs.
- Designs and creates all custom software programs, point database and graphics that are used with the Building Automation System,
workstations and website interfaces.
- Provides on-site support for the scheduling of contractors to coordinate start-up services as needed. Construction trades
would generally include various mechanical, electrical, IT and equipment suppliers.
- Executes project start-ups, commissioning, testing, and troubleshooting of installed Building Automation System controls and mechanical
systems on assigned projects.
- Participates in the layout and coordination of network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer's IT
- Works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for
integration to their systems.
- Runs semi-complex reports to analyze system operation, works with project team to demonstrate system operation and
verify consistency with the contracted scope of work.
- Participates in final inspection and testing, assures customer acceptance, and conducts training for end user customers on
- Provides Plans & Control System Documents to application engineering for as-built drawings.
- Mentors other specialists who may need specific automation product knowledge.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- A minimum of 8-10 years experience with Automation Systems. Experience could be as an Automation System technician,
installer/electrician of Automation Systems or Automation System Owner/Operator. Experience with Building Automation Systems is desired.
- Associates Degree or similar education or experience desired (High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is a minimum
- Must have strong knowledge in HVAC mechanical and/or Electrical systems.
- Must have knowledge of computers and MS Suite software products.
- Strong documentation and communication skills desired.
- Independent, self learner and high desire for high quality products and systems.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license in good standing in order to participate in the required
Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- IT Networking
- Knowledge in Fire Alarm, Security, Building Automation Systems