Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
Software Engineer - Heat Transfer
We are looking for a highly qualified and motivated candidate for the position of Software Engineer - to contribute to the development of Simcenter STAR-CCM , our next-generation multi-physics simulation tool.
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the architecture, design and maintenance of the product as well as develop end-user enhancements. Specific areas of focus will be the development of thermal heat transfer processes, energy, conjugate heat transfer and radiation modeling capabilities in Simcenter STAR-CCM .
This successful candidate would become a member of the Product Development team and report to the Heat Transfer Program Manager within the CFD division. The Product Development team focuses on Siemens multidisciplinary design software and is part of Simulation & Test Solutions within Siemens Digital Industries Software.
The Software Engineer is responsible for designing, programing, enhancing and implementing heat transfer simulation modeling capabilities in addition to maintaining existing features and capabilities.Specific responsibilities are:
- Hands-on full-stack software development of feature enhancements within the STAR-CCM framework
- Gathering testing requirements and troubleshooting issues with the QA team and other stakeholders
- Writing software design documents
- Writing technical documentation
- Participating in peer-basedcode and design reviews
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum MS or equivalent degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science
- Minimum 5 years of experience in fluid flow and heat transfer simulation using a commercial CFD package
- Minimum 3 years of experience in hands-on coding and simulation software development
- Proven expertise in object-oriented coding using C , Java or equivalent
- Proven expertise in thermal system modeling, heat transfer, thermal radiation, solar radiation, heat exchanger, conjugate heat transfer, numerical solution of PDEs using FV or FE methods
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team to meet project goals
- Up to 5% travel per year
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- PhD in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science
- High performance computing including distributed computing, shared/distributed hybrid parallel computing