Siemens Manufacturing Co., Inc. Freeburg, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
- $12 to $16 Hourly
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
As a Purchasing Assistant (Expediter), you have the responsibility to see that Work Orders go to Production in the allotted time required to meet the Work Order Due Date. This will require daily review of the individual Work Order Pick Lists to ascertain the progress of each order.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Secure the necessary raw material in an effort to meet or exceed deadlines necessary for work orders to be completed on time
• Integrate Materials Requirement Planning functions with the Sales and Operation Planning WiP requirement process to enable seamless execution to product planning
• Recognize approved alternate materials when nominal materials cannot be delivered in time to keep work orders on track
• Responsible for releasing on order materials or notifying the appropriate Buyer when no open purchase order exists to support the material requirement as work orders are transferred to the Material Hold work center
• Analyze the current state of processes and recommend improvements
• Ability to determine material types and recognize when a WO can go to Production with adequate parts to support the early processes
• Provide “Last Part Due” information for other departments planning purposes
• Develops a strong partnership with purchasing and customer service counterparts to prioritize expectations and meet critical must-have dates
• Three (3) months minimum experience in Procurement or closely related field desired
• Experience in EPICOR or other related ERP/MRP system(s) highly desired in the successful candidate
• Experience in Microsoft Excel is desired
• Honesty, integrity, and a strong desire to succeed
• Interacts with others in a respectful and professional manner
• Good listening skills
• Excellent communication skills
• High energy, self-motivated and proactive, marked by a positive attitude and having a willingness to persevere and get to yes
• Self-directed, organized and can manage multiple activities simultaneously
• Able to work on very tight timelines while maintaining excellent attention to detail
• Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization, and work with a diverse group of people
• Ability to create and maintain cooperative internal and external relationships
• Ability to mentor and train less experienced team members
Siemens Manufacturing Co., Inc.Why Work Here?
Family-owned Company that has been in business for over 55 years, great teamwork atmosphere, and an extensive list of benefits.
Siemens Manufacturing Co., the Midwest region’s premier manufacturer of printed circuit boards and electronic assemblies is experiencing growth in our business and is in need of a Purchasing Assistant to join our Purchasing group. We are a privately held business in our fifty-fifth year of service with manufacturing facilities located in Freeburg and New Athens, IL, approximately 20 minutes southeast of downtown St. Louis. The responsibilities of this position are primarily in Freeburg.
410 West Washington StreetFreeburg, IL
BusinessView all jobs at Siemens Manufacturing Co., Inc.