In this Controls Field Service Representative (FSR) role the incumbent will be responsible for performing various facets involving the installation, commissioning, and servicing of control systems of Aeroderivative General Electric Turbines LM2500 and LM6000.. The position is the primary source of technical information and services at our customer sites. The Controls FSR serves as the link between our customers and the rest of the company including but not limited to management, sales and technical support. Our Controls FSR's maintain the highest levels of professionalism and premier service attitude.
The Controls FSR is technically responsible for all facets of the company's scope of work during equipment installation and subsequent service outages.
Key Responsibilities for the position include
- Energize, load software, and establish communication on various makes of PLC platforms
- Navigate through and make changes to various HMI systems
- Perform loop checks and calibrations on all field end devices
- Make minor logic changes during the course of normal unit commissioning
- Coordinate with Control Systems engineering in reporting and implementing complex changes as necessary
- Maintain accurate backup copies of all system software.
- Ensure system controls machinery within machinery design parameters.
- Communicate progress, schedules, and open items with client
- Prepare detailed technical reports
- Interact with different levels of customer and Siemens organizations to report progress, resolve issues, and identify potential services to be offered based on customer needs.
- Maintain the highest level of a zero harm culture in part by following and enforcing all company and customer ESH policies and programs.
- Perform complex troubleshooting as required on machinery and ancillary systems. Ability to articulate findings to engineering to resolve issues.
- Travel for extended periods of time, (up to 60 days) both domestic and international as assigned. Must carry valid passport, be able to pass both required background checks and required drug and alcohol testing. International assignments are likely to include travel to developing countries.
- Able to perform duties on day or night shift under difficult conditions, heat, cold, noise, etc. Able to work weekends and holidays.
- Physical ability to climb ladders work around machinery and evacuate work area in the event of an emergency. Ability to stand for extended periods and walk long distances is required.
- This position does not require residence in a specific location but does require close proximity to commercial airport with reasonable connections.
- Applicants for this position should expect to work away from their home location an average of 200-250 days per year.
- Individual assignments are typically 2 to 10 weeks in duration. When on assignment, working schedules are typically 10-12 hours per day, 6-7 days per week, day or night shift.
- Ability to travel 70%At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success.
- We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers' experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- A (4) year engineering degree or qualified by experience.
- 10+ years of directly related experience. Advanced understanding of instrumentation and control systems
- Experience with Gas Turbine Driver Control Systems and Auxiliary Systems
- Experience on Woodward Controls, MarkVI, Mark Vie, Mark V controls systems, preferable
- Fluent use of standard office software and use of standard portal based systems to report time, expenses, and service reports.
- Possession or ability to possess a TWIC card.
- Ability to complete offshore survival and firefighting course.
- Excellent and professional communication skills both written and oral. This includes the ability to hold difficult discussions with customers to protect company interests.
- Basic commercial knowledge to understand contract deliverables and identify items or work that falls outside these boundaries so additional funding from the customer can be pursued.
- Must hold valid driver's license.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- Previous training / certification on Siemens or Dresser Rand products.
- Fluency in a second language.
- Previous sales / client facing experience.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping