Senior Software Engineer - Space and Satellite Systems
- Paid Time Off , Retirement
The vision at Sidus is to make space accessible to everyone by increasing the viability of low-cost access to space. At Sidus, our whole is greater than the sum of our parts. The Sidus team is made up of highly talented individuals, each contributing their own experience, knowledge, skills, and ideas. It is our team that sets us apart from our competition and makes our mission of Bringing Space Down to Earth™.
The Software Engineer is responsible for building and developing software systems in support of satellite systems.
Position Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Develop highly reliable software solutions based on the needs of the Engineering Team and mission.
- Collaborate with Engineering Team on architecture, design and code review.
- Build prototypes to prove key design concepts and qualifying technical constraints.
- Find efficient solutions to user issues and problems with software.
- Testing systems for conformance to standards and specifications
- Verify compliance to applicable standards and other approved documentation
- Serve as the technical authority supporting projects to include the evaluation of newly developed approaches used to formulate programming or systems specifications.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with internal and external customers
- Adhere to all Quality Management Systems standards and procedures
- Treat all team members with respect and dignity ensuring a collaborative culture is continually developed and maintained.
- Other duties as assigned**
- Seven (7) years’ experience in writing software in C/C++ for Linux.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or another relevant field preferred. Experience in lieu of education may be considered.
- Experience with DevSecOPs, Git and JIRA with a demonstrated understanding.
- Expertise in designing software systems.
- Expertise testing in Virtual Machines including VirtualBox and/or QEMU.
- Knowledge of Linux embedded software development including Firmware Images, Linux kernel configuration modules and user-space drivers.
- Ability to implement drivers based on vendor descriptions.
- Ability to read and use existing C/C++ code base.
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 including Excel, Word, Outlook and Teams.
- Commitment to providing the highest quality products and services that meet or exceed the requirements and expectations of our customer, actively pursuing opportunities for continual improvements of service quality.
- Able to multitask, prioritize task and projects, as well as manage time efficiently
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for best solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with many different teams/individuals to reach a common goal by building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation maintaining positive and professional relationships, and contributing to a culture of inclusion
- Sedentary Work – occasionally exerting up to 10 pounds of force to carry, lift, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves being stationary most of the time, sometimes requiring moving about the work center on concrete surfaces.
- Computer Work – daily use of laptop, computer monitor screen, keyboard, and mouse, sometimes utilizing a headset with microphone & speakers.
- All candidates selected will be subject to background investigation and drug screen
- This position requires access to onsite locations managing Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirements, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and, if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
Sidus Space is a Drug-Free Workplace where post-offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria are met as outlined in our policies
Able to travel <10% of the time.
This position is for the Day shift generally working 8:00am-5:00pm.
Total Rewards and Perks
At Sidus Space, we ask a lot of our team members, which is why we give so much in return. In addition to a competitive salary, a Best-in-Class benefit program with a generous employer paid portion as well as a matching 401(k) on Day ONE, we offer a lot of perks, including:
- Jeans every day!
- Regular onsite local Food Trucks with a company paid meal each month
- 5 Free company t-shirts for Manufacturing Staff or credit to the Company Store
- Paid Time Off - Up to 6 weeks of vacation, 5 sick days and 11 paid holidays – 5 holidays can be deferred to use later in the year
- Adjustable stand up desks
- Weekly all-company meetings with the CEO and quarterly town hall meetings
- Employee referral bonus
- Education assistance (up to $5,250 annually) and professional training opportunities
- Dry Cleaning Pick-Up/Drop-Off Services
- Onsite Notary Services
- Office dogs
- Company Golf Outings and other social events
**This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for the position. Sidus Space retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position at any time with or without notice. This job description does not alter the “At-Will” nature of the position. Employment with the Company will remain “at-will” unless otherwise stated in a written agreement signed by the President of the Company. This means that either the Company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time and for any reason, with or without notice.
SIDUS SPACE is an Equal Opportunity Employer fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please visit https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to receive information on Sidus Space’ Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at email@example.com
SIDUS SPACE, Inc.Cape Canaveral, FL
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.