- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Description for: Driver – Branch Locations
Provide excellent customer service by assisting customers promptly and courteously with their purchases and efficient processing of their orders. Use proper safety measures, especially when driving, loading and transporting products and equipment. Perform all job responsibilities in a safe, timely and efficient manner while representing Sid Harvey’s in a professional manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be minimum age of 21 with 3 years of safe driving experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license issued by the state where you live
- Must be able to provide us or have us obtain an acceptable driving history record.
- Must adhere to the Sid Harvey Industries, Inc. Driving Safety Policy.
- Must be able to obtain a Medical Examiner’s Certificate.
- Must be able to pass a Drug Test.
- Conduct self in a professional and ethical manner at all times. Treat external and internal customers and associates with courtesy and respect.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Sid Harvey products (i.e. Air Conditioning, Refrigeration and Heating) to meet customer’s needs.
- Continuously update product knowledge through any available resources. Stay informed and educated as to product inventory and applicability. Know location of merchandise in warehouse.
- Accurately and safely load & unload trucks as needed.
- Check in and put away material, verifying quantities and quality of received material. Maintain clear aisles and walkways. Ensure material is properly organized.
- Assist in maintaining appearance of branch as needed, straightening, cleaning counter area, warehouse, bathrooms, etc.
- Drive company vehicle to make customer deliveries and stock pick-ups, obeying traffic laws and safety procedures. Maintain appropriate licensing, credentials and acceptable driving record.
- Report back orders and/or material discrepancies.
- Report any positive/negative customer feedback to the Branch Manager along with any noticeable potential opportunities we are missing out on.
- Accurately perform cycle counts as required.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner, following all safety rules. Inform manager of any potentially hazardous conditions.
- Perform vehicle and/or forklift inspections as required.
- Assist in year-end physical inventories as requested.
- Perform other responsibilities as directed.
Abilities and Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; carry and or reach. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 25 lbs. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 50 lbs. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 100 lbs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; read and identify numbers for accurate order filling and receiving of material, payment processing, etc. The employee is regularly required to apply sound reasoning and logic in performing daily tasks. The employee is required to be able to safely operate a forklift and or pallet jack.
Benefits - In addition to highly competitive wages, full-time employees enjoy a very robust benefits package, including:
• Generous company contribution for the employee as well as qualified spouse and dependents insurance for: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance and Long-term disability insurance.
• Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Sick Time and Flex time.
• 401-K with partial company match.
• Profit Sharing
• Earn while you learn with free enrollment into the Blue Hawk University, the industry's premier online-based training academy, offering hundreds of beneficial courses for your general knowledge and continuing education.
Sid Harvey Industries, Inc.
TravelView all jobs at Sid Harvey Industries, Inc.