A General Manager or an Assistant General Manager at Sickles Market is responsible for running the retail store. He/she will manage everything from checking inventory to disciplining and training Team Members to deciding which products to stock on shelves. They make sure the store is performing well, that customers are satisfied, and that personnel is collaborative, professional, efficient, and productive. At Sickles Market, the General Manager or Asst. Manager will be asked to work in a variety of environments; they may work in the office, on the retail floor, or conduct/evaluate maintenance duties inside of a cooler. They also are responsible for selecting, training, and coaching staff members.
In this role, team leadership skills are necessary, as well as integrity and accountability. The General Manager is expected to meet company goals by providing clear direction and setting a positive example for attitude, professionalism, and work ethic. As expected, the General Manager ensures that the Company's professional reputation is maintained and that superior customer service is provided, internally and externally. The following are role and responsibilities of the General Manager or Asst. GM position:
· Leads the store team by providing clarity of vision; prioritizing resources; facilitating alignment of the team; setting high expectations; inspiring commitment; encouraging mutual support; and enabling development opportunities
· Supervise the day-to-day task assignments and performance for all Team Members.
· Ensure a pleasant shopping experience for all customers. Respond to customer complaints or inquiries. Solicit customer feedback, input and information through various communication vehicles. React to information and create a plan to consistently meet the expectations of all customers.
· Implement and oversee customer service standards across the store by ensuring unbeatable excellence; understanding unique needs of customer; ensuring enhanced customer experience for the store/company; creating an environment for all of Sickles Market to set excellent customer service expectations that are aligned with customer needs and expectations and company goals.
· Prioritize and balance time, actions, resources, and initiatives to ensure accomplishment of critical results.
· Embrace, value, and implement diverse perspectives and ideas.
· Demonstrate creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity. Adapt to competing demands and shifting priorities. Updates knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities (for example, seeking out training, learning from experience, researching best practices).
· Proactively lead volunteer activities, programs, and initiatives in order to improve the community. Seek and maintain external relationships and alliances, strengthening the company's impact and reputation in the community. Serves as a credible spokesperson, representative, and sponsor of the company to the public and the community.
· Establish revenue and profit targets for solutions, products, and services on the basis of market research. Utilize consumer and competitive data to determine best store and customer segmentation and store of the community merchandise.
· Develop basic objectives, policies, and operating plans and submits them to the Owner and or Upper Management for approval.
· Advises and informs the Owner and or Upper Management on current operations, including potential threats and opportunities.
· Oversee and coordinate implementation of Sickles Market policies.
· Establish operating and capital budgets within time frame required.
· Demonstrate effective budget control.
· Authorize capital expenditure disbursements on approved capital projects.
· Control cash flow to ensure regular discounting of bills, enhance purchasing power, meet all obligations when due, and meet all commitments.
· Measure and evaluate product department performance to ensure appropriate contribution to total financial performance.
· Review achievement of performance and service standards, taking corrective action when needed.
· Manage all matters relating to Team Members and the store team-recruiting, hiring, training, coaching, team member engagement and performance management.
· Ensure the planning and execution of established safety, security, quality, and store operations policies, procedures and practices.
· Analyze results and trends and prepares action plans to leverage the store’s strengths and address areas of opportunity. Ensure the execution of all action plans.
· Plan and prepare work schedules and coordinate daily assignments and activities of Team Members to meet the needs of the business.
· Ensure safety program execution and fulfill the store safety leader role.
· Ensure future growth by executing a defined strategy to deliver the long range plan.
· This includes recruiting, hiring, and training, coaching, managing performance, and administering progressive discipline.
· Ensure proper training and training compliance of all Team Members.
· Ensure creation of the store’s weekly schedule, while working within labor guidelines and meeting target.
· Oversee cash management procedures. Monitor and analyze reports relating to Loss Prevention and reports trends to the Owner and or Upper Management.
· Ensure accuracy of bi-weekly payroll, which includes the proper editing of timecards when necessary, using the appropriate charge codes and weekly submission.