Geologist 1 or 2
Location:East Boulder Mine McLeod, MT
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist mining operations by mapping, sampling and guiding underground production headings.
- Log and sample drill core.
- Collect detailed geotechnical information, both in the core lab and underground mapping.
- Utilize computer software, interpret geology and produce representative geologic maps.
- Provide technical information on matters of ore width and grade.
- Work cooperatively with other technical services personnel.
- Will be required to work rotating shifts.
- Minimum BS, BA or higher Geoscience degree or 1 3 years of relevant experience.
- Leadership qualities including character, teamwork, communication, business sense, and vision.
- Able to demonstrate and perform basic geological functions.
- Organized and systematic with attention to detail and quality.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate surface and underground equipment (trucks, tractors, forklift).
- Minimum 1-3 years of underground work experience
- Demonstrated observational skills for mineralogy and structural features.
- Thorough understanding and experience in interpreting plan maps and cross-sections.
- Strong knowledge of grade-control procedures and waste-dilution controls.
- Proficient computer skills (spreadsheets, word processing, databases, mining applications, etc.)
- Good understanding of MSHA regulations
Job Posted by ApplicantPro