Environmental Specialist 2
Sibanye Stillwater Nye, MT
- Posted: over a month ago
Location: Columbus Montana
The Environmental Specialist 2 reports to the Site Environmental Supervisor and assist in the implementation and oversight of the Company's environmental programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains and promotes a safe work environment, safe work practices and a strong safety culture.
- Implements and monitors compliance with environmental programs.
- Conducts monitoring activities for air and water resources and documents results.
- Completes compliance reports and submittals to regulatory agencies.
- Conducts environmental inspections/audits and monitors special projects.
- Assists with planning and coordinating of permitting activities.
- Supervises contract personnel and consultants providing environmental services.
- Provides environmental training for Metallurgical Complex employees and contractors.
- Oversees site waste management activities.
- Assists with development and implementation of the Environmental Management System.
- Provides technical support to operations in the planning and development of projects.
- Assists in corporate reporting, auditing, and governance.
- BS, Associates or Technical Degree in environmental, biological or earth sciences.
- Two (2) years of practice environmental experience.
- Alternatively, four (4) years of practical environmental experience.
- Working knowledge of federal and state environmental regulations.
- Familiarity with Montana environmental regulations.
- Proficient in water quality and air quality monitoring techniques and associated quality control procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well within a team environment.
- Proficient in computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database applications.
- Leadership qualities including: character, teamwork, communication, business sense and vision.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro