Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick Toledo, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position is a paralegal position in the firm’s Wealth Strategies Service Line, formerly known as the firm’s Trust and Estates Department. The role is to assist the various attorneys in the service line with their clients’ estates and estate planning. In addition to interfacing with the attorneys, this position provides exciting opportunities to work directly with our clients and their families. The ideal candidate is one who enjoys working on a team but at the same time is also comfortable working independently and under a very reasonable amount of pressure caused by time deadlines. You will be asked to prepare and maintain legal documents and to administer multiple estates with deadline-sensitive case management requirements. You may be required to work sitting or standing at your desk for four or more hours per day.
Reports and is responsible to the Service Line Leader of the firm’s Wealth Strategies Service Line, formerly referred to as the Trusts and Estates Department.
- Manage all aspects of probate and trust administrations
- Assist with trust funding and other asset alignment
- Assist with the preparation and filing of income, gift, and estate tax returns
- Prepare trust accountings for courts and annual reports for clients
- Provide general assistance to the department
- Conduct legal research on a variety of estate tax topics.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in an ABA approved Paralegal program
- At least two years’ experience in trusts and estates law practice
- Strong understanding of trusts and estates terms
- Technological skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe (Nuance), and tax programs
- Superior research skills, including the use of online services, databases, and the Internet
- Superior organizational skills
- Project and case management skills including a strong aptitude for managing and prioritizing multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
· Sitting position static for up to one-half hour at a time.
· Lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds occasionally, up to one hour per day.
· Bending and stooping occasionally, up to one-half hour per day.
Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick
1000 Jackson StreetToledo, OH
LegalView all jobs at Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick