Chief Information Officer
Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick Toledo, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) serves as the key executive for information services and is responsible for leading the short and long-term strategic direction of the Information Technology department. This position provides leadership, vision and oversight for information systems and technology, and has overall responsibility for direction, coordination and management of IT business and functions. The CIO will partner with firm leadership to implement programs, business plans and policies that support Shumaker’s objectives. The CIO will lead staff in a manner that is consistent with Shumaker Core Values and will create an environment of trust, high performance and continuous improvement.
Reports and is responsible to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Develops and communicates the information systems strategic plan and vision at all levels of the organization.
- Provides leadership, support and direction for information and technology systems through collaboration, education and relationship building.
- Maximizes the utilization of Shumaker systems and applications across the enterprise.
- Communicates organizational information to staff on a regular and timely basis to ensure consistency of understanding of goals, priorities, and firm direction.
- Determines the 3–5-year information technology roadmap to support the future growth of the firm.
- Conducts technology due diligence during mergers and determines risk, and designs system and infrastructure consolidation.
- Oversees the management of information and communications systems and projects.
- Oversees information security policies and procedures to ensure regulatory and client compliance and appropriate levels of internal controls.
- Oversees the design and coordination of the knowledge management program to improve information access and sharing.
- Mentors, develops and coaches a strong, service oriented information systems team
- Monitors hiring and training of all technology and information systems employees.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Develops and implements business continuity protocols to minimize disruption to firm operations in the event of emergency situations or data loss.
- Develops and maintains relationships with external IT vendors and service providers.
- Develops and manages the technology budget.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Participates on firm committees and teams as assigned.
- Represents Shumaker in various external groups and organizations.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Four year degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- Master’s degree in information technology or a technology related discipline preferred.
- Ten years of experience in an information technology role or related field; five years in a management or leadership role. Prior legal experience considered a plus.
- Excellent communication, management and delegation skills, and a clear track record of building and leading successful technology teams.
- Exceptional organizational skills to manage a business-critical, fast-paced technology environment.
- Proficient in the latest technology for information systems and management.
- A clear track record of being able to align the technology dynamics of a business together with the overall needs and objectives of the business.
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with attorneys and other senior management.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills.
Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick
1000 Jackson StreetToledo, OH
TechnologyView all jobs at Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick