Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick Toledo, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Primarily responsible for all aspects of billing for various attorneys of the Firm. Provide support in client and matter management, review and editing of drafts, posting into internal and external software programs, and follow up of collection actions. Will interact with internal working teams and manage deadline-sensitive billing tasks. Responsible for creating and updating a number of documents for reporting purposes.
Essential Job Duties:
· Documents and understands client billing engagements.
· Reviews and edits all draft invoices prior to attorney review.
· Edits and processes final invoices using 3E billing software.
· Distributes final invoices upon completion of revisions. This could be electronic or by mail.
· Utilizes third party electronic billing vendor websites for submission of electronic invoices, if applicable.
· Follows up on electronic billing status updates and required actions (amendments, write offs, etc.)
· Follows up on collection actions for responsible attorneys.
· Utilizes computer software including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
· Works with internal working team to meet month end deadlines.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
· Minimum of five years legal billing experience.
· Working experience in accounting systems, experience with Elite 3E preferred.
· E-billing experience preferred.
· Minimum of an associate’s degree (financial related field recommended).
· Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
· Self-starter, detail oriented and organized.
· Strong analytical, math and problem solving skills.
· High level of understanding of MS Outlook, Word, and Excel.
· Sitting frequently, six out of eight hours per day. Sitting position static for up to one-half hour at a time.
· Lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds occasionally, up to one hour per day.
· Bending and stooping occasionally, up to one-half hour per day.
Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick
At Shumaker we pride ourselves on our progressive human resources approach in the recruitment and career development of highly capable and diversified paralegal and support personnel. With more than 250 team members in support roles across our seven offices, Shumaker is committed to providing each person with equal opportunity, competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. Why You Benefit Legal staff professionals and paralegals will find Shumaker to be a rewarding place to build their careers. We are a good place to work because we emphasize teamwork that values the roles professional staff members play in serving our clients. Our strong commitment to and success at building diversity means that each of our offices strives to reflect the experiences and capabilities of the communities where we practice and live. What You Can Expect from Shumaker The positions we offer include a wide range of options, from financial analysts and informational technology specialists to recruitment coordinators and secretarial personnel. The primary mission of our professional staff is the same as that of our lawyers: to add value to our clients by helping them meet their objectives. We seek highly-motivated people who can help us achieve that mission. If you want to share in that commitment, you’ll find a firm that is absolutely committed to the full realization of equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin or veteran status. We want you to excel, and will give you all the support you need to do so.
1000 Jackson StreetToledo, OH
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick