Estates, Trusts and Probate Paralegal
- Posted: over a month ago
Shulman Rogers' Estates, Trusts and Probate practice group seeks a paralegal with 2+ years of experience in estate and trust administration. The position entails performing a wide range of estate and trust administration functions including, but not limited to: preparation of probate filings for Maryland, District of Columbia and Virginia; creation of valuation reports; assisting with sale and transfer of assets; preparation of Federal and State estate tax returns; and overall management of administration in a timely manner. The desired candidate will possess exceptional organization and communication skills, and have the ability to meet deadlines.
Candidate must possess:
- A bachelor's degree and/or paralegal certificate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including comfort and skill in speaking with clients and other professionals.
- Strong computer skills including probate-specific tax and accounting computer software (GEMS preferred). Experience with EVP, iManage, and Microsoft Office a plus.
- Critical attention to detail, the ability to manage a large case load, strong math skills and an understanding of basic estate and income tax concepts.
- A familiarity with local probate procedures preferred, but not absolutely necessary.
The desired candidate will have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
The firm offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits. This position is onsite full-time.
Shulman Rogers is an EO/AA/VEV/Disabled employer.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Shulman, Rogers, Gandal, Pordy & Ecker, P.A.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?