Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Shrub Oak International School Mohegan Lake, NY
- Posted: over a month ago
Shrub Oak International School is the new benchmark in autism education. We are a private day and boarding school in northern Westchester County, serving the needs of an international coed population of children, adolescents and young adults on the autism spectrum. Shrub Oak is a school where each student is respected as an individual and surrounded by experts who care and work to bring out each student’s greatest strengths. Our curriculum brings together the most advanced and successful evidence-based clinical and academic approaches in ASD education to prepare our students for independent adult life and employment. Offering two distinct educational programs, with both day and boarding options, Shrub Oak truly is a school like no other.
The Clinical Psychologist will provide expertise in behavioral science and mental health related services, serving as an integral part of our clinical team. He/she will provide expertise in conducting psychological assessments, consulting and counseling, as well as designing and developing treatment plans and interventions that meet the individualized needs of students.
He/she will operate as a key figure in Crisis and Behavioral Management, leading or being a key member of the crisis team. The Psychologist will supervise (or be eligible to supervise) other mental health professionals and/or interns, develop clinically oriented groups and program supports and create, organize, and lead relevant staff trainings.
He/she will maintain key relationships with all staff at Shrub Oak International School, its students and families, all to collaborate to ensure that the individualized needs of our student population are met. Having access to confidential information, discretion and independent judgement is required.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- PhD, PsyD, EdD in clinical, neuropsychology, educational, school psychology or a related field.
- An active New York State License Preferred and must be in good professional standing. Those who are license eligible are consider if they are ideally suited for the job
- At least 2 - 5 years’ experience in conducting psychological assessments, evaluations and interventions
- Experience working with students on the autism spectrum or with developmental disabilities
- Experience Training Staff and designing training programs
- Experience proactively identifying appropriate developmental or training programs for students, designing the content, and delivering or coordinating the implementation
- Special Education Boarding school experience a plus
- Experience in supervisor and leading other mental health professionals as the program continues to grow
Participate and work in all areas of the campus, indoors, outdoors
Workday regularly includes multiple or conflicting demands, deadlines and time pressures; Work regularly requires sustained concentration.
Sitting at a desk for extended periods, walking up and down stairs (building has 6 floors), around a hilly campus as needed, may also require walking between floors or between buildings at a moment’s notice.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time role, of a 40-hour workweek. Demands of the job may require work outside these hours and on weekends as needed and required.
Shrub Oak International School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to apply for a job or to perform the essentials functions of his/her job. Please advise us if you require a reasonable accommodation.
Powered by JazzHR
Shrub Oak International School
AddressMohegan Lake, NY
HealthcareView all jobs at Shrub Oak International School