Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe
Data Entry Specialist
BASIC FUNCTION: This employee is responsible for gift processing and cash receipts. This is a part time non-exempt position.
Gift Entry and Maintenance of Donor Records.
· On a regularly scheduled basis, collect, sort and categorize donations received by the Shrine
· Manage gift analysis and entry procedures and process daily gift batches in a timely and accurate manner
· Analyze gifts to determine appropriate campaigns, funds and appeals for each gift to be processed and indicate the appropriate acknowledgement letter to be sent based upon the above criteria and the source of the gift
· Manage the setup of recurring ACH and credit card gifts and maintain the processing of those batches according to the schedule requested by the donor
· Download electronic gifts received via Paypal and Blackbaud Merchant Services
· Add new constituent records to the database as needed
Assist and Participate in Mission Related Shrine Activities.
· Relate the story of Our Lady of Guadalupe to pilgrims, conduct tours of the Shrine Church, and answer pilgrims’ questions relating to religious aspects of the Shrine;
· Participate in religious and liturgical functions of the Shrine, including Holy Mass, Rosary and other devotional practices;
· Work as a team member with Shrine staff and volunteers.
The Shrine is seeking a practicing Catholic with a sound knowledge of the Catholic faith and its practices, of the apparitions of Our Lady of Guadalupe, and of the history and activities of the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe.
This employee must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and be able to interact with pilgrims, staff, volunteers and vendors in a prompt, courteous and professional manner. The employee must have the ability to use or learn resident computer systems and programs, including Raiser’s Edge fundraising software, Microsoft Office, Excel and e-mail correspondence. The ability to process data in an accurate and timely manner is necessary. At least one year of relevant work experience is preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
· Must be able to use standard office equipment, including computers, internet, copiers, printers, scanners, fax machines and other similar items;
· Must be able to go up and down stairs, carry boxes and equipment and assist in other duties as requested.