JOB TITLE: Senior Accounting Analyst
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: Since 1948, STO has been providing innovative solutions for the transportation industry. We are "fleet specialists" and focus our business in the commercial truck tire and commercial lubricant fields. Our dedicated team of professionals are highly trained, highly motivated, and provide top level service to our growing customer base.
LOCATION: Corporate Office
Job Purpose: The Senior Accounting Analyst provides financial information to the organization by developing, analyzing, and reporting financial and operational results of the company. This position is responsible for maintaining the general ledger and accounting systems for the company. The Senior Accounting Analyst produces all profitability statements and other financial reports on a regular basis.
- Ensures accuracy of financial records through reconciliation and analysis.
- Works with Controller to develop and maintain the company budget and annual forecast.
- Works closely with CPA firm to ensure accuracy of fixed asset records.
- Maintains records of all asset additions and deletions.
- Responsible for all aspects of closing cycle including journal entry prep and posting. Maintains records and documents to support the figures on the balance sheet.
- Summarizes current financial status by analyzing general ledger accounts; compiling and submitting financial statements.
- Complies with all governmental agency requirements.
- Performs basic tax functions (payroll, sales, etc.)
- Pursues professional development by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Experience & Educational Requirements:
- 5-7 years of accounting experience including creating budgets, reporting, and financial statements; preferably in a manufacturing or distribution organization
- 1-2 years supervisory experience is preferred
- Experience with a multi-location organization is desirable
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting
- Team-oriented with the ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Results driven
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective time management
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Intermediate-to-advanced Excel skills
- Experience with or exposure to Business Intelligence software
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Shrader Tire & Oil
Why Work Here?Shrader Tire & Oil has been family owned and operated since 1948. Our core values have lead us to become the leading distributor of commercial truck tires and lubricants throughout Ohio, Michigan, and Indiana. Partnering with Michelin and Chevron, STO's Team is recognized for high quality products, innovation solutions, and extreme customer service. We provide ways to help reduce costs and improve the performance of truck tires, lubricants, and mechanical services.
Careers at Shrader Tire & Oil will provide opportunities for promotion from within and offer incentives that will help you reach your goals.