SHRADER TIRE AND OIL NOW HIRING A DISTRICT / OPERATIONSSALES MANAGER!
BASED OUT OF OUR TOLEDO HEADQUARTERS - TRAVEL UP TO 75% OF THE TIME; between the Detroit and Toledo areas. Additional travel required in Southern Ohio and portions of Indiana.
Job Description: Responsible for the daily operations and profitability of the Mechanical department within Shrader Tire and Oil. Oversees all locations to ensure goals are met in sales, productivity, training, quality, cost control, and inventory. Participate in business plan with sales, as well as service operations. Growth and development that includes direct selling to customers and key accounts. The Division Manager will participate in the action of direct sales and will have personal sales goals.
- Participate in hiring, training, and managing service techs and administrative support.
- Establish and maintain training tracks for all techs.
- Manage service tech productivity.
- Manage vendors relationships, give guidance on purchases, and maintain appropriate inventory.
- Maintain diagnostic license renewals.
- Ensure proper utilization of ‘Motors’ (a labor time guide).
- Perform monthly inventory, facility and vehicle audits.
- Ensure fleet is properly maintained and PMs are completed in timely manner.
- Provide regular reporting on KPIs.
- Manage and adhere to all MISP requirements.
- Review workflow to confirm daily, weekly and monthly revenue / profit goals and productivity goals are achieved.
- Identify divisional weaknesses and establish plan(s) to train and improve in these areas.
- Provide sales support for outside sales staff to maintain current customer base and grow the overall business.
- Manage all employees’ time as well as monitor potential overtime.
- Communicate effectively with customers and respond to customer requests in a timely manner.
- Work with Local and Regional Managers to develop market growth strategy.
- Proven sales experience; mechanical sales/parts service center/truck service and parts sales preferred.
- Proven operational knowledge in fleet or mechanical services preferred.
- Business development knowledge and experience.
- Management experience over a team of mechanics or shop preferred.
- Ability to train, coach and provide guidance to team of diesel mechanics to promote sale growth and success.
- Ability to develop market strategy to increase sales and business.
- Willingness and ability to travel 75% of the time; tri-state area.
- Customer service and sales experience in past work.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Office/Word/Excel).
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Shrader Tire & Oil
Why Work Here?Shrader Tire & Oil has been family owned and operated since 1948. Our core values have lead us to become the leading distributor of commercial truck tires and lubricants throughout Ohio, Michigan, and Indiana. Partnering with Michelin and Chevron, STO's Team is recognized for high quality products, innovation solutions, and extreme customer service. We provide ways to help reduce costs and improve the performance of truck tires, lubricants, and mechanical services.
Careers at Shrader Tire & Oil will provide opportunities for promotion from within and offer incentives that will help you reach your goals.