- Our trucks are equipped with Omnitracs electronic logging devices.
- Trucks receive regular maintenance.
- We believe in work-life balance
We are looking for a driver with a CDL Class a license. We recommend that a driver has a hazmat endorsement or TWIC card. A tanker endorsement is also a plus. None of the endorsements are required but they are recommended. New drivers typically earn $40,000+ per year. Senior drivers can make upwards of $60,000 per year.
- Medical/Dental after 90 days.
- Vacation after one year.
- Life Insurance.
- Paid Holidays.
Why Should You Apply:
- Great pay.
- Home weekends.
- 5-day work week.
- Excellent Benefits.
- Two years verifiable over the road driving experience or 1½ years of verifiable over the road experience with successful graduation from an accredited truck driving school.
- Safe driving record
- Tanker and Haz-mat endorsements are encouraged but not required.
- No alcohol or drug convictions in last 7 years.
About Short Freight Lines/Dakota Leasing
Short Freight Lines, Inc. was founded in 1932 by Raymond Holis Short, Sr. The company was incorporated in 1947. During our 85 year history we have remained family-owned, and have provided all types of truck-load freight hauling services. Our company’s home office is based in Bay City, Michigan. Our management staff brings together over 300 years of combined experience. Our company is managed by second and third generations of the Short family.Since our company’s inception, it has been our first and foremost priority to provide the transportation industry with the highest quality of on-time service.From the company’s founding in 1932 to our continued growth today it all starts with our drivers. The exemplary performance our drivers give to this company and its customers keeps us ahead of the competition. Few carriers can meet, or exceed the levels of service that we have time after time delivered to our customers.