- Project management for shoring, caisson, excavation and shotcrete projects, including client contact, reviewing plans, review and take-off of bid quantities and price analysis.
- Compilation of bid proposals.
- Contract review for compliance with proposals.
- Creating Schedule of Values and produce monthly billings.
- Create Request for Information (RFIs) as necessary.
- Attendence at various project meetings.
- Create Change Order requests.
- Create submittals as necessary.
- Respond to on-site issues.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering and/or Construction Management
- Strong math skills, written and oral communication skills, computer knowledge using Excel and Word, ability to read civil, architectural and structural plans.
- Monday through Friday – 7:00 am – 5:00 pm*
*Occasional Saturday and/or extended hours depending upon work load, deadlines and individual task completion.
Salary: Commensurate with experience/education
Benefits: Shoring Engineers provides a working environment in which the employee assumes an extremely important role in the construction team. Resulting from over 50 years in the industry, our companies are routinely involved with high profile projects in which your input will result in its success for generations. Such projects have included: Apple Headquarters (Cupertino), Our Lady of the Angels Cathedral, Los Angeles City Hall Renovation and Modernization, Staples Center, LA Live, Disney Concert Hall, Sony Studios, etc.
- Shoring Engineers contributes to each employee 3% of their annual salary to a Self Administered Self Directed Retirement Program (SAR-SEP IRA). Each employee may contribute additional funds up to the IRS maximum. Employees are immediately vested in this plan (upon completion of 60 day probationary period) and have control over the investment options.
- Major medical health insurance is provided (upon completion of 60 day probationary period). Currently, the employee, spouse and eligible dependents are covered pending yearly deductibles.
- Dental and Vision insurance is available at the employee's option.
- Life insurance is provided to the employee, spouse and eligible dependents.
- As a union contractor, the following paid union holidays are observed: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day
- Vacation time is accrued at the monthly rate of .833 days and is available for use as it is accrued. After 5 years of service vacation time is accrued at the monthly rate of 1.25 days.
Drug Screening: All employees are subject to a pre-employment drug test.