Part-Time Lecturer - Water Treatment /Utility Management
Shoreline West Region New Haven, CT
- Posted: over a month ago
The Shoreline-West Region (Gateway) is developing a pool of applicants for potential part-time teaching positions for the credit course offerings in the Engineering and Applied Technologies department. Courses include:
- CWM 106 Introduction to Utility Management
- ENV 110 Environmental Regulations
- WMT 101 Water Treatment and Distribution
- WMT 102 Special Topics in Water Treatment
- WMT 103 Special Topics in Water Distribution).
Courses will be taught in the mid-afternoon and evening both in a classroom setting (following CT State Colleges and University social distancing requirements) and using distance learning techniques (training can be provided).
ANTICIPATED STARTING DATE: Continuous open recruitment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Filled on an as-needed basis, depending on course offerings, enrollment and specific department need.
- CWM 106 Introduction to Utility Management; ENV 110 Environmental Regulations: Master’s degree in Business or Engineering or closely related field.
- WMT 101 Water Treatment and Distribution, WMT 102 Special Topics in Water Treatment; WMT 103 Special Topics in Water Distribution: Master’s degree in Engineering or closely related field
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Related teaching experience along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Experience working for or with public utilities.
- CWM 106 Introduction to Utility Management:: Knowledge of successful management practices for natural gas, electric, drinking water and wastewater public utilities.
- ENV 110 Environmental Regulations: Knowledge of environmental regulations pertaining to natural gas, electric, drinking water and wastewater public utilities
- WMT 101 Water Treatment and Distribution, WMT 102 Special Topics in Water Treatment and WMT 103 Special Topics in Water Distribution: Knowledge of treatment and distribution of both surface water and groundwater public drinking water supplies.
Demonstrate knowledge of the current methods and practices for teaching college-level courses. Qualifications may also include community college experience, knowledge of assessment techniques, computer literacy/technological innovation in teaching, and the use of Blackboard class management system.
Additional qualifications may be requested, as relevant to the academic department.
JOB DUTIES: Under the supervision of the department chair, the Adjunct Instructor must demonstrate the ability to respond to and work with diverse and varied student populations; support the mission of the College; and meet all teaching expectations, as outlined by the department chair.
Adjunct Instructors are able to teach at various times, including part-time day and evening, weekdays, Saturday, and Sunday. Please indicate in your hiring documents your general availability.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications as stated must put in writing precisely how their experience has prepared them for the responsibilities of this position.
STARTING SALARY: $1,721 per contact/credit hour ($5,163 for a 3-credit course).
Positions will be filled on an as-needed basis, depending on course offerings, enrollment and specific department need. Please indicate in your hiring documents your general teaching availability.
All employment, if offered, is contingent upon proof of citizenship or employability under the requirement of the Immigration and Control Act (IRCA) and the successful passing of a background check.
Please note that due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to field phone/email inquiries and confirm receipt of completed applications.
Continuing Notice of Nondiscrimination
CSCU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or criminal record. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Nicholas D'Agostino Manager of Affirmative Action, Diversity, and Inclusion Ndagostino@gwcc.commnet.edu
CSCU IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, M/F.
Powered by JazzHR