JOB TITLE: Licensed Clinician / Primary Therapist LMFT LPCC LCSW
STATUS & ROP: Exempt Employee; $50,000-$55,000/Annual Salary
TYPE: Full time; 32-Hour Work-week (Position is 4 weekdays. 1 Weekday off is flexible upon hire, but schedule will remain the same thereafter once established).
REPORTS TO: Program Director
Shoreline Recovery Center is a Joint Commission Accredited outpatient substance abuse and mental health facility in Encinitas. This position will treat mental and emotional disorders, whether cognitive, affective, or behavioral, within the context of a substance abuse & behavioral health outpatient treatment setting. Apply psychotherapeutic and family systems theories and techniques in the delivery of services to individuals, couples, and families for the purpose of treating such diagnosed nervous and mental disorders.
- Masters Degree and License from the Board of Behavioral Sciences required for this position. Acceptable licenses are: LMFT, LPCC, LCSW. Must maintain a professional license and stay current (not revoked, suspended, or lapsed in registration), valid and unrestricted.
- Minimum of two years experience working in the field of addiction and/or mental health.
- Possess current T.B. clearance dated no more than 60 days before hire, to be renewed annually. Starting is contingent upon this requirement.
- EMDR Certification strongly preferred for this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uphold and enforce the agency’s standards, policies and procedures, client rights, and professional code of ethics and conduct.
- Conduct clinical evaluation, psychosocial assessment, client diagnosis and interpretive summary. Prepare person-centered treatment plans, case management, progress notes, consultation, education, and referral as needed.
- Provide therapeutic interventions including crisis counseling to individuals, groups and families as needed.
- Facilitate individual (1:1) psychotherapy sessions.
- Facilitate group therapy sessions.
- Facilitate Family Sessions when needed.
- Case management and ability to maintain a caseload.
- Provide services in accordance to organization’s policies and procedures and established Mental Health and Substance Abuse Standards as well as within the scope of practice of the therapist.
- Evaluate the individual and family systems as well as assess client’s functioning within work, family and routines of daily living and identifies areas needing continued support, resources and treatment in order to assist clients.
- Maintain Electronic Health Records to reflect course of treatment and provide required documentation as required and defined by Joint Commission and DHCS standards.
- Ability to prepare pre-certification/authorization clinical information to insurance utilization case managers and subsequent concurrent review (continued stay) clinical reports per medical necessity criteria.
- Conduct insurance peer-to-peer reviews as needed or any necessities related to UR.
- Provide emergency crisis services during work hours and after hours as assigned.
- Adhere to code of ethics, legal aspects of clinical practice, professional standards, duty to warn, abuse and neglect reporting policies and procedures, and exercise professionalism at all times.
- Exercise awareness in cultural competency, client satisfaction, quality of services, client needs, and overall health and safety staff and clients.
- 2 Psycho-Education & process groups weekly
- Ability to facilitate 3-5 Zoom counseling sessions per week with outpatient clients on a variable basis as needed; can be facilitated off-site (hours would be part of 32 hour work week when Zoom sessions are required to take place)
- EMDR Therapy with clients.
- Other duties as determined by the Program Director.
- Ability to build a rapport, gather data, determine level of care and/or readiness of client for treatment, and apply criteria for diagnoses
- Ability to screen for substance abuse, mental health, and suicidality
- Ability to formulate measurable treatment goals and objectives with the individuals served.
- Thorough understand of the 12-steps and the 12-step model
- Thorough understanding of clinical documentation and EMR systems
- Ability to practice de-escalation techniques with clients
- Ability to practice discretion and perform job while maintaining client confidentiality and HIPAA laws
- Ability to exercise independent judgment at own discretion
- Strong communication skills
- An “above and beyond” attitude at all times
- Able to accept feedback from supervisor and take corrective action as necessary
- Work collaboratively with clinical treatment team
COMPENSATION & HOURS:
Exempt Employee Full-time 32 hours weekly; 4 week days
$50,000-$55,000 Annual Salary
Facility has a PHP/IOP day track (sessions 9:30a-3:15p) Monday Through Friday, and an IOP Evening Track (sessions 6p-9:00p) Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.