We are seeking a Fun, Outgoing Teacher - Camp Educator to join our Team!
- Lead and participate in camp activities and guide children.
- Support the Camp Lead with boating activities, arts and crafts, nature hikes etc.
- Create lasting camper/ counselor friendships
- Ensure appropriate behavior by children and assess situations as necessary
- Help cultivate a positive environment for campers and staff
- Know and understand emergency procedures.
- Know and follow all safety guidelines.
- Ensure that the site is kept clean, organized, and free of litter.
- Be responsible for your campers’ safety and know their whereabouts at all times.
- Assist instructors with set up, take down, and preparation of camps as directed.
- Take initiative to advance your opportunities to teach, train, and assist with daily operations.
- Veteran teacher available to mentor/teach
- Report issues, concerns & check-in daily with the supervisor.
- Love of working with kids
- Enjoy being outdoors
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Being a team player
- Flexibility to meet changing work needs and demands
- Openness to feedback and desire to grow
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
- Ability to communicate clearly, maturely and compassionately with kids ages 5-12years
- Ability to maintain an excellent work ethic, a high level of energy and exceptional enthusiasm all day, every day, for the duration of the summer
- Ability to teach academics, physically fit to run outdoor physical activities including watersports
- Ability to differentiate and possess a broad vision to teach
- Previous camp experience preferred, but not required
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Excellent communication skills- both written and oral
- Enthusiastic, Fun, Great Personality
- Must be credentialed teacher or involved in education or in the process of becoming credentialed
- Ideal environment for teachers to learn kinetic and experiential teaching and learning
The Shoreline Lake Boathouse and American Bistro operated by Silicon Shores Corporation is seen by locals as creating an “experience unmatched in Silicon Valley,” were established in 2000. The Boathouse & Bistro attract a varied group of people (local hi-tech workers, families with children, hikers, etc.) due to the tranquility of the surroundings – no motorized craft allowed on the lake – high standard of services and amenities, and family-friendly activities.
In keeping with the other environmentally friendly activities that abound in the park, Silicon Shores offers camps catering to different age groups and interests. From sailing and windsurfing to kayaking and arts and crafts, Shoreline Lake puts one of the most unique experiences for campers ages 5-15yrs. In addition, equipment rentals including sailboats, windsurfing boards, canoes, kayaks, pedalboats and bicycles are also available.
Regardless of season, Silicon Shores ensures visitors can take advantage of the lake view while enjoying a skillfully prepared meal. The Bistro offers comfortable indoor and patio seating in a relaxed setting, lawn areas for picnicking and outdoor events, and a seasonally-based, gourmet menu.
Silicon Shores provides indoor and outdoor meeting and banquet facilities, and other space rental accommodations for company picnics, weddings, birthdays, team-building and other personal or business-related events, whether formal or informal. The area’s beauty, along with the willingness to customize activities packages, make the Boathouse and Bistro known for attracting a wide assortment of different events at Shoreline Lake.