Shore Power Old Saybrook, CT
- Posted: over a month ago
- $60,000 to $85,000 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k
Fast growing importer, distributor, and internet retailer seeks a reliable and talented individual to join our team in a casual & friendly work environment (without the corporate and internal politics).
We're looking for a self-starting Magento 2 programmer that will work directly with the Director of Marketing and Technology on many diverse projects. These projects include websites, database-driven applications, secure back-end systems, front end template changes, automation, API work etc.
You will create functional and beautifully commented code. You will also not only be resourceful, but creative in problem solving situations as well as making projects scalable and future proof. The ideal candidate will also be deadline sensitive and work with the team to ensure expectations are met.
Team members receive a competitive rate, paid time off, and are eligible for an attractive benefits package including employee discounts, 401(k) savings plan, holiday bonus, medical, dental, vision, vacation & holiday pay (PTO), after completion of an eligibility period.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, develop and build in Magento 2 Enterprise
- Support existing software by creating custom in-house modules, working with extensions, and applying patches
- Work with the team to analyze and evaluate business requirements then suggest and implement solutions
- Continuously improve software development processes and tools
- Plan, build, and maintain eCommerce sites
- Improve customer experience on website
- Maintain knowledge and expertise in web design and development
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements
- 3+ years of experience developing in Magento Enterprise with Magento 2 expertise
- Adobe Magento Certificates preferred:
- Adobe Certified Professional—Magento Commerce Developer
- Adobe Certified Expert—Magento Commerce Developer
- Adobe Certified Expert—Magento Commerce Front-End Developer
- Experience working with extension vendors and modifying extensions
- Experience with module development
- Familiarity with Git workflows
- Experience working in a LAMP environment
- Experience with Bootstrap, LESS, jQuery, mySQL, KnockoutJS libraries and frameworks preferred
- Experience in eCommerce including accessibility & security standards
- Experience integrating Magento with ERP and other applications
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, and communication skills
This is a full time position, on-site, or hybrid is preferred but remote may be negotiable. Freelancers and agencies need not apply.
Please be prepared to submit sample code and projects for review.
We pride ourselves on offering a casual, team-oriented work environment that values and rewards initiative, hard work and enterprise. We are constantly looking for talented and ambitious individuals to join our team.
Shore PowerWhy Work Here?
A family owned business featuring a casual and friendly work environment where employees are treated with respect. Opportunity for growth!
Shore Power, Inc. is a privately held, fast growing and market leading importer & distributor with aggressive growth plans. Some of our core products include batteries, portable lighting & power solutions, and outdoor essentials (hunting, camping, survival). We serve retailers, manufacturers, and large volume end users across numerous multiple channels. Shore Power has an entrepreneurial culture; one where you can have a direct impact on the future of our business, starting now. Our team works in a casual and friendly work environment.
50 School House Rd Unit 2 Old SaybrookOld Saybrook, CT