We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities - Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while assisting the Pharmacist in providing medication and other healthcare products to patients/customers accurately and with the highest level of customer care.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must maintain proper state licensing or certifications.
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to perform mathematical functions, including ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to fill prescriptions by possessing necessary finger/hand dexterity.
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors, shapes, and sizes.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to tolerate dust and chemical agents during routine housekeeping duties
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
- Ability to proficiently use all required computer hardware and software.
- Must preserve confidentiality of information.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
- Accurately and quickly collect proper payment and provide proper change.
- Collect and input a patient's information for processing a prescription.
- Assist the Pharmacist in processing a prescription, counting and labeling a prescription.
- Organize and stock pharmaceuticals as directed by Pharmacist.
- Help customers locate over-the-counter stock.
- Be knowledgeable of products carried in the department.
- Maintain appropriate security of Pharmacy Department.
- Interact with physicians and utilize reference material to gain information on Customers and prescriptions and to resolve any issues that arise.
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment.
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
- Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Comply with State and Federal drug laws as regulated by the state Board of Pharmacy, HIPAA, the Drug Enforcement Agency and the Food and Drug Administration.
- Exhibit the utmost professionalism and confidentiality when dealing with patients and their health information.
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25 lbs. and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
- Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the store.
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to Customers.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to departmental operations.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company's HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations as they pertain to the Pharmacy operation.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency).
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential job functions and general nature of the work being performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require Associates to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This job description is not a guarantee of employment.