Shop4D is a cutting-edge shop management system for the automotive repair industry that provides a single intelligent application to replace the dozen tools currently needed to run an automotive repair shop.
We’re a startup with a small dev team and we’re looking for a full stack developer to help extend our team. We need somebody who can thrive in the chaos of a startup – and if you have experience with managing the development lifecycle of a project like ours, we’re especially excited to meet you.
The production environment looks like this:
- PHP 7.2
- MariaDB 10.2 (MySQL 5.7 equivalent) hosted in Amazon RDS
- Apache 2.4
- Amazon Linux 2
- jQuery 3.2
In other words, a LAMP server built on AWS. Standard stuff.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Has at least five years of full-stack development experience. We need somebody who has demonstrable experience with front-end, back-end, database and server.
- Has experience keeping projects organized and moving. Real talk: we only recently transitioned to using version control via git, and getting to a real development lifecycle is going to take somebody with some actual experience. If that’s you, we have some exciting ways you can contribute!
- Wants to be in a startup. There’s a lot we do on the fly here -- your workflow can change in an instant as you switch from feature building to urgent bug fix. Someday we’ll be able to settle into a perfect Agile environment, but right now, things aren’t quite that cut and dry. Our ideal candidate wants that excitement.
- Is a problem solver. We homebrew, we use third-party, we improvise…but most importantly, we get the job done. You’re probably going to be unfamiliar with use cases. This is FINE. What’s more important than having perfect understanding of the user is being able to listen and adapt and problem solve quickly.
- Has experience working with RESTful APIs. We get a significant amount of third-party data via RESTful APIs. We need somebody whose API game is on point, and who can dig right into postman to understand how other companies have packaged their data.
- Is good with math. We do a lot of math, ranging from standard arithmetic for things like invoice totals, to statistics for use in algorithms, to…well, fuzzier applications.
- Has at least some understanding of machine learning. This application was built from the ground up to feed and use machine learning algos, and we’ve accumulated enough to start to build some really exciting models and tools.
- Can get up to speed quickly and work independently after the project is defined. You’ll be jumping into a whole new code base, and we are absolutely here to help you. But we’ve got a big workload we’re trying to tackle, so we need somebody who can learn turn yourself into an expert on this program, on this code base, and then get busy building something awesome. It’s a tall order! But our ideal candidate can do it.
- Wants to leave a mark. This program is upending an entire industry. Want to be a part of something awesome?
Shop4D is a startup that is spun off of (and supported by) a company called Auto Profit Masters. Since 1999, we’ve been the industry’s leading voice for repair shop measurement and management, ethical employee compensation, superior customer service, and effective marketing. Shop4D is the culmination of 40 years of repair shop ownership, and two decades of repair shop consulting, and we’re getting ready to do some amazing things.