Brief Description of Job Duties
Provides direct, prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Supervises all ordering and scheduling to meet the needs of the deli department. Interacts with customers for their immediate selection of various fresh meats, cheeses, salads, seafood and hot foods from the deli department. Handles food in a safe manner and ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
Accountable and Reports to (Job Title):Store Director, Assistant Store Director; Operations Specialist, PIC
Positions that Report to you: Deli/Seafood Clerk and Assistant Deli/Seafood Manager
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Answers the department telephone promptly when called upon, and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
- Takes customer orders at the deli counter and weighs, dates, prices, labels and wraps all product.
- Slices product for customer service.
- Cleans all equipment in the Deli/Seafood department on a daily basis.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
- Reviews orders for the day and processes accordingly. Responsible for proper inventory control (pricing, stocking, ordering).
- Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
- Reviews the status and appearance of the food for freshness.
- Monitors temperatures of all hot and cold units for proper holding procedures.
- Ensures that an adequate food supply is ready and on hand and follows a production list.
- Anticipates product needs for the department on a daily basis.
- Prepares, finishes, and replenishes product as necessary.
- Checks in product, puts product away, and may review invoices.
- Removes trash in a timely manner.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
- Insures that all food is handled in accordance with local health department regulations.
- Protects associates and customers by removing potential hazards from the sales floor in a timely manner.
SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (These are considered occasional in nature)
- Mop floors and clean all parts of department.
- Orders product and supplies as necessary.
- Change labels and reload supplies in department.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
- Check signage to ensure it is with the appropriate product and correct price.
- Supervising, ordering, scheduling and being responsible for the overall conditions of the Deli/Seafood department.
- Has authority to recommend disciplinary action.
- Must be able to solve arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; request supplies orally or in writing.
- Visual requirements include clarity of vision at a distance of more than 20 inches and less than 20 feet, color vision, depth perception and field of vision.
- Must have the ability to handle refrigerated and frozen levels of temperature when retrieving product from freezer
- Must be able to participate in the preparation of salads, sandwiches, fried chicken, fish, etc.
- Must be able to safely operate a slicer and fryer for the production of sliced meats and cheeses and fried foods.
- Must be able to work shifts varying in length and times, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Maintains valid food service sanitation certification.
The duties for this position are normally conducted in a store environment. There is significant responsibility to maintain customer service levels and handle multiple priorities. Has occasional exposure to temperature extremes and cleaning chemicals/solvents. This is a fast paced, highly customer interactive work environment.
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM JOB:
Telephone, intercom system, calculator, kitchen utensils, fryer, slicer, hot wrapping machine, trash and cardboard compactor, box cutter, scales, pallet jack, knives, stock cart, stock rack and Telxon.
Has daily contact with the general public, customers and co-workers. Has contact with federal/state governmental or regulatory agencies regarding inspections.
Physical Requirements for an 8 Hour ...