Warehouse Truck Delivery Driver
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
Member of our Distribution and Warehouse Operations team of Drivers. Responsible for deliveries between our warehouse distribution center and retail store locations in Maryland and the District of Columbia. Will provide assistance in the Warehouse and Distribution Center as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver all merchandise and supplies to the stores determined by the daily delivery schedule
- Pick up and return all transfers and e-Commerce totes
- Safely operate company owned vehicles and obey all local traffic laws
- Never leave the company truck unattended or unlocked
- Maintain a clean driving record and adhere to company safety policy
- End of day clean the truck bay and the cab of the company truck
- Any item that weighs over 70lbs will require the assistance of another employee in order to lift/ move the item in a safe manner
- Maintain truck cleanliness and company standards for truck maintenance reporting.
- Other duties as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to pass DOT Physical, drug test and background check
- Comfortable driving in Maryland and DC
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Experience and/or Education:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2-years Commercial driving experience
- Minimum of 2-one years of warehouse experience preferred
- Must be team-player with exceptional work ethic
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, policies and procedures, and operating and maintenance instructions
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Use suggestive selling skills to build multiple sales
Must have a background report (i.e. Criminal, Credit, DMV, Social Security and Orion) conducted and approved by the Human Resources Department
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 50-70 pounds.
Shoe CityWhy Work Here?
Fun company to work with, Competitive salary, Health benefits and 401k programs, Employee discount
Transportation and Storage