Join Shmoop and reinvent the way students and teachers interact with our courses and test prep programs. We are seeking an innovator who is continuously seeking ways to enhance the education experience. You will own SEO/SEM, email marketing, and the social media space.
This is a fast-paced, highly visible role requiring technical expertise, leadership skills, and hands-on teamwork. If you are a highly motivated digital marketer with a passion for building something from the ground up and love driving results, then this is the position for you.
Students no longer huddle around textbooks in the classroom! The world of education is rapidly changing and online interactive integration is a vital part of that change. Your core responsibility will focus on increasing our subscriber base by building out our SEO strategy, managing and improving our email automation, and improving our social media presence.
- Proactively seek, identify, and evaluate innovative opportunities for user acquisition growth
- Rapidly execute, optimize, and maintain paid- and non-paid growth programs. Your performance will be measured by the impact of the programs you launch and grow
- Drive acquisition of new customers across multiple channels including SEO/SEM, affiliates, and social and email marketing
- Build and manage the company's social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant
- Create, share, and monitor content appropriate for specific networks to spread both our brand and our content to both new and existing audiences
- Manage various email campaigns, including the template designs, calls-to-action, and content used in our email communications. This includes monitoring behaviors such as past email engagement and website interactions (content downloads, site page visits, etc.)
- Measure results with predetermined KPI's and optimize
- Succinctly integrate stories across website, blogs and e-newsletters to drive audiences towards action
- Collect and maintain online analytics for digital marketing channels. Identify trends that can be translated into online initiatives to drive customer engagement, acquisition and retention
- Provide daily, monthly, and quarterly reporting on website and social media analytics
- Assist in maintaining workflow between the Content team and the rest of Marketing and Communications department to deliver on-time, high-quality, and engaging digital marketing
- 2 to 5 years' work experience in B2C with emphasis on subscription-based marketing
- 1 to 5 years' experience in email marketing, automation, and optimization
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in marketing, journalism, public relations, communications, or equivalent background/experience
- In-depth knowledge in Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Excel
- Deep understanding of SEO principles, strategies, and implementations
- Proficiency with standard SEO tools such as Moz, Google Webmaster Tools, Screaming Frog, etc.
- Experience with technical-SEO fundamentals (page titles, meta tags, headers, URL structure, link anchor text, site crawl issues, structured metadata, etc.)
- Working knowledge of marketing automation software for e-mail marketing such as MailChimp, GetResponse, and/or Constant Contact
- Experience managing the consumer lifecycle and reducing attrition
- Knowledge of online communities, including blogs, social networks, virtual worlds, mobile, and other emerging digital marketing trends
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to proactively recommend solutions to potential problems and to develop plans for addressing problems on the fly when necessary
- Ability to roadmap and implement programs from the ground up
- Solid understanding of email delivery and deliverability issues
- Ability to mine data and turn it into actionable items with a positive impact on revenue
- Ability to work autonomously and demonstrate self-starter qualities
- Ability to think strategically with a high attention to detail and organization
- Innovative and creative, thinks outside the box
- Enjoy and thrive in a dynamic fast pace environment
- Startup and entrepreneurial experience is a plus
You must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. We will not sponsor visas, nor will we hire consultants through sub-contractors that hold your visa.
Position is based in Mountain View, CA or Phoenix, AZ and we will consider local residents only. There will be no relocation assistance.
Job Type: Full-time