Shirley Parsons is partnered with a large general contractor to help identify a Site Safety & Health Officer in Hinton, WV. The ideal candidate will be tasked with monitoring and enforcing all OSHA, state, and local safety requirements on site. The client is open to relocation assistance for this position.
- Support all safety policies and compliance with OSHA, state, and local regulations
- Conduct safety training on various topics including the proper use of PPE and other safety equipment.
- Inspect and audit job site to identify and fix safety hazards
- Conducts incident investigations and prepares job accident reports
- Assists site safety manager in planning and implementation of all safety related policies and goals
- Maintain all necessary safety logs, i.e.; gas testing, air velocity, and other required tests.
- Monitor ventilation, exhaust equipment, lighting, and other conditions that could affect employee health, comfort, or performance.
- Conducts risk assessments
- Develop and maintain all required hygiene programs such as noise surveys and ventilation surveys.
- Verify completion of safety recommendations and requirements on site
- 5+ years experience in construction safety
- CSP required
- OSHA 500 Preferred
- OSHA 510 Preferred
- Bachelors Degree in safety management or a relevant field required
We act as career coaches to EHS professionals and partners to organisations looking to attract the best EHS talent. Together, we can help create sustainable prosperity through business improvement, safer work environments, and enhanced wellbeing.
Why Work Here?Shirley Parsons are global leaders in EHS recruitment, search and staffing services. We are an ever-growing global EHS talent network built on long-term relationships, industry knowledge, and geographic expansion. We act as career coaches to EHS professionals and partners to organisations looking to attract the best EHS talent. Together, we can help create sustainable prosperity through business improvement, safer work environments, and enhanced wellbeing.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an industry leader with great growth, company perks, and benefits!