A leading provider of traffic solutions is looking for a Safety Director to join its team, based in Long Beach, with oversight for operations nationwide. You will be responsible for leading the corporate safety vision: through the development of strategy, identification of key metrics and mentorship of employees - ultimately cultivating an industry leading safety culture. This represents a fantastic opportunity for an individual to join a company with a commitment to safety, where you will be given every resource to flourish in the role.
- Take ownership over the development and implementation of new strategies and initiatives to continually improve the safety program
- Collect, analyze and report on safety metrics and KPIs at both a project and company level, identifying trends and utilizing results to manage, modify and deliver safety priorities across the business
- Lead a team of Safety Managers and work with all levels of staff, from site-based personnel through executive leadership and senior client contacts in order to reinforce a "Safety First" attitude across the organization
- Work alongside industry regulatory bodies (OSHA) to ensure compliance to any and all relevant local, state or federal legislation
- Proven leader with experience leading safety programs for numerous construction projects and dispersed safety teams across a large geographical remit
- Bachelor's Degree within Occupational Safety, Environmental Engineering or related discipline (required)
- CSP (preferred)
- Ability to travel nationwide as required (circa. 35%)
- Effective communicator across all levels - with the capacity to communicate all corporate safety matters to internal and external stakeholders alike
We act as career coaches to EHS professionals and partners to organisations looking to attract the best EHS talent. Together, we can help create sustainable prosperity through business improvement, safer work environments, and enhanced wellbeing.
Why Work Here?Shirley Parsons are global leaders in EHS recruitment, search and staffing services. We are an ever-growing global EHS talent network built on long-term relationships, industry knowledge, and geographic expansion. We act as career coaches to EHS professionals and partners to organisations looking to attract the best EHS talent. Together, we can help create sustainable prosperity through business improvement, safer work environments, and enhanced wellbeing.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an industry leader with great growth, company perks, and benefits!