Navy GSE or GSM highly encouraged to apply.
GSEs operate, repair and perform organizational and intermediate maintenance on electrical components of gas turbine engines, main propulsion machinery, auxiliary equipment, propulsion control systems, and assigned electrical and electronic circuitry up to the printed circuit and alarm warning circuitry.
The duties performed by GSEs include:
- operating electric plant main and propulsion control equipment;
- locating circuit failures and replacing parts;
- measuring current, voltage, and resistance;
- testing for shorts, grounds, and continuity;
- testing protective circuitry;
- testing, servicing and replacing batteries;
- performing preventive maintenance on digital data equipment and control and monitoring circuits;
- measuring insulation resistance;
- repairing electrical/electronic cables, wiring, and connectors;
- maintaining alarm, indicating and warning systems;
- maintaining and repairing gas turbine engines and auxiliary equipment;
- working with blueprints, schematics, and charts;
- performing administrative procedures related to gas turbine propulsion system operation and maintenance;
- performing work area inspections;
- operating standard test equipment;
- stopping engines and checking for proper performance;
- replacing and adjusting operating tolerance of contacts, microswitches, relay switches, pressure switches and temperature switches.
WE ARE AN EEO/AA EMPLOYER! (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)