Shipt is a membership-based marketplace that helps people get the things they need. Our friendly shoppers handpick fresh groceries and household essentials and deliver them to members in as soon as one hour.
As the leader of the Financial Operations at Shipt, you will have the opportunity to work for a competitive, fast-paced and innovative company. You'll build the team to drive outstanding financial results by enabling and accelerating Shipt's strategy. You'll need to build strong partnerships with C-suite leaders who value your credibility, thanks to the quality and reliability of your insights. Across Shipt, you and your team will mitigate risk, provide analytical rigor, creative problem-solving and sound decision-making.
Reshaping the Financial Operations and Accounting for Shipt means you'll help build out a best in class team, improve technology, increase productivity, and provide development and career experiences that are meaningful to each team member.
Accounting - Close the books timely and accurately with alignment and compliance to both GAAP and Target Corporation.
Receivables / Payables - Ensure process and technology is dependable for the lowest cost possible. Improve productivity through automation and process improvement.
Treasury - Owns forward looking cash flow insights, line of credit recommendations, and bank relationships.
Taxes - Determines strategy for sales tax that reduces risk and ensures compliance.
Financial System & Automation Support- Support CFO and direct reports on technology selection, negotiation, and implementation.
Fraud- Through payment processes and technology, identify and reduce fraud liabilities.
- Strong leader that is passionate about team development.
- Displays courage, self-motivation, inspiration, a new standard, and follow through.
- Ability to recommend and implement new technology.
- Solution oriented and nimble approach to your work.
- Curious and connected to the industry to bring forward the best solutions and ideas.
- Effective planning and organizational skills.
- Develop business relationships and possess the ability to competently manage multiple priorities.
- Highly driven and willing to take initiative and own a process through to completion.
- Must be a team player capable of interacting with all levels of employees and senior
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to convey information concisely in writing and
- verbally at an Executive level.
- Very detail and process oriented, with ability to translate data and analysis into coherent information linked to the business big picture.
- Ability to understand and frame complex issues in a consolidated and straightforward manner.
- Ability to define problems, collect data from multiple sources, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The ability to make difficult decisions
- Works independently, effectively managing tasks and tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- MBA Degree preferred with strong academic performance.
- CPA preferred.
- 10+ years finance and business experience.
- Experience leading teams.
- Outstanding communication and relationship building, with team-oriented focus.
- Credible thought leader.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and strong analytical, decision making, project management,
- planning and organizational skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.