Shipt is a membership-based marketplace that helps people get the things they need. Our friendly shoppers handpick fresh groceries and household essentials and deliver them to members in as soon as one hour.
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Member Experience engineering team! Are you passionate about software development, sharing knowledge, growing your skills, and working with great people? The Shipt engineering team is growing, and we are looking for extraordinary engineers who enjoy building as much as we do. So if you self-directed, enjoy autonomy in your work, and you are an excellent participant in a team, come join Shipt.
What You'll Gain
You'll join a small team of talented individuals who will provide you with hands-on mentorship on topics ranging from design to communications strategy.
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain application code
- Write unit/integration tests
- Participate in the design process to build efficient, scalable and maintainable architecture
- Collect and analyze metrics to drive implementation decisions
- Design, improve and document processes
- Review and collaborate with other engineers on their code
- Support your team through encouragement and by example
- Mentor and share knowledge with the team
- Understand functional and object-oriented paradigms
- You understand the SOLID principles
- You can plan/implement complex data models
- Ability to write complex SQL queries
- You can identify and improve poor performing database queries
- Understanding of REST principles
- Experience with SOA, micro-services, and/or distributed architectures
- You know the correct things to test and emphasize testing in development
- You are interested in continually learning and mastering new skills
- You love beautiful code
- Able to communicate complex ideas and concepts simply and concisely
- You are empathic and enjoy learning from and mentoring other engineers
- Python, Go, or Erlang
- Open source software and dependency management
- Angular, React, or another front-end framework
- Object/Document data storage technologies
- Caching and in-memory database technologies
- Asynchronous/Multi-threaded Programming Patterns
- Message queuing technologies/strategies
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.